We recently replaced the main electrical panel at Annie Newman’s house in Alameda, CA. Annie is a residential home owner and one of our many great clients and she got quite the scare recently. She woke up in the middle of the night to the power out and we diagnosed that the main panel was corroded and worn completely out due to an electrical mishap. Not only is it a very unsafe situation to have a hazardous panel but it takes out the power which makes things tough at night!
Here’s a picture of what Annie’s main electrical panel looked like:
Older homes can be susceptible to having the main panel corrode and there are certain signs you can look for. Sometimes flickering lights can be a sign of a bad or old panel and you should have someone come and take a look to be safe, especially if you have an older home. You don’t want to wake up in the middle of the night with a big scare.
- First and foremost it’s always good to have an inspection regularly or at least once every year or so. You want to first make sure you aren’t in any immediate danger
- Have your main panel upgraded or replaced when needed, determined by a professional electrician.
Annie’s panel went out in the middle of the night which was a big reminder for her of how dependable we all are on electricity. So in order to make sure Annie was back to living a normal and stress free life without hazardous panels we made sure to get Annie’s panel replaced and her electricity restore right away.
Part of what Mister Sparky brings to the residential electrical world is a strong network, highest standards and a fast response time. We’re standing by to help you get your emergencies taken care of, whether it’s labor day, the weekend, or 2am on a Sunday. We’ll be there to take care of you, just like Annie!
Call today for a free quote and don’t forget to mention CityScoop!