This article picks up on how to increase your sites Domain Authority (DA).
DA isn’t a guaranteed way to get traffic but it helps you know if
Now that you have the main content of your site done lets focus on how to write good articles.
Article Writing: Rules of Thumb
- Word Length – Shoot for at least 1,000 words per article
- Content – Most people write to promote their business but you should focus instead on how to educate and inform your audience.
- Listicals – This is a made up word used in this industry. People tend to read articles that start with “15 ways to…..” or “Top 10 reasons for….”
- Paragraph Length – If you notice my paragraphs tend to be about 2 sentences long. This isn’t a standard essay where we were taught to shoot for at least 5 sentences per paragraph.
- Images – Use images in your text to help illustrate the point you are making. On top of that, make sure each image has proper ALT text since Google reads those as well.
- Links – If you are going to look to a different site then keep it to 1 external link but like to at least 2 other pages on your website. This helps your users get more information if they want it.
- Conclusions – Put a conclusion to the article. Give it a solid tweetable quote to end it.
That seems like a lot for most people but I suggest you use Google Docs to voice type your article. One you have done that and reached a 1,300 words or so which is easy to speak then go back and trim it up so its a great article.
So there you go.
A great article people want to read that meats all of Google’s requirements and we didn’t even focus on Google.
At the bottom of the page you can include a couple articles with related content in case your user wants to keep reading for more info.