Indoor air quality affects the health and well-being of everyone in your home. Household pollutants such as household cleaners, cigarette smoke, pet dander, and even crafting adhesives all impact your home’s air quality, which is why indoor air quality is WORSE than outdoor air quality. If you take steps to improve the air quality in your home, everyone breathes better and enjoys crisp, fresh air. An air quality test can better determine if the air quality in your home is at dangerous levels so you can make adjustments and improve those conditions.
Who Needs an Air Quality Test?
Even if you don’t suspect a problem with the air quality in your home, getting an air quality test is a good idea. Sometimes we adjust to conditions inside and do not realize how stuffy it is or how badly we breathe until we actually see the improvements.
Signs of Poor Indoor Air Quality
There are many signs that suggest a problem with the air quality in your home. Take action right away if you notice problems such as those on our list.
- Health Problems: The most notable issue that occurs with poor indoor air quality is health problems, especially for already vulnerable people suffering from allergies or asthma. Coughing, sneezing, and wheezing are health concerns that you might experience if poor indoor air quality is a concern.
- Mold: Mold typically grows in wet or damp, dark spaces. It favors the bathroom and basement since the rooms offer pristine conditions to breed. If you notice mold growth on the walls or ceiling, schedule an indoor air quality test.
- Poor Ventilation: Poorly ventilated homes are susceptible to poor indoor air quality. Condensation on the walls and musty smells are common signs of poor ventilation.
- Age of Home: Older homes face more potential problems than newly built structures due to outdated and potentially dangerous construction materials.
- Unusual Odors: Unusual odors is another issue commonly noted in homes with poor indoor air quality. A musty, moldy smell is one of the most notable unusual odors homeowners smell.
Need more help improving the IAQ in your home? Schedule an inspection with our team today!
Absolute Air offers a wide array of services, including, but not limited to, AC installation, AC repair, heating installation, heating repair, indoor air quality solutions, metal fabrication (for all types of ductwork), refrigeration, and gas line installation. Our trained team of technicians can also service and work on equipment brands such as American Standard, Train, Carrier, York, Goodman, Rudd, and Mitsubishi, to name a few.
If you have a service request not mentioned here, give us a call.