Labels Make the Restaurant World Go Round
Its been pretty tough on our restaurants. We set out with our latest client to see how we can help them with signage. Offering wings at their flagship location in Galveston was a big change for this seafood-centric establishment. They were ready to expand their menu to reach even more customers and we were ready to help them with their signs!
The job began with a need. Our clients were offering a new menu item, hot wings, with plans to package them in Styrofoam boxes mainly for take out. They would need labels to distinguish between the different flavors. Our client needed help deciphering what type of label would work best, was safe for food service, and wanted the best value.
How to Choose Your Label
Since this was a new venture for our client, we sat down with them and helped narrow down the immensely large amount of labels that are available on the market. They wanted something small & circular with the ability to have different colors and text for each. Here is what we proposed:
- A 1″ circle option was a good standard size
- The client offered different colors for each type of flavor. They initially wanted white text but we suggested a mixture of black and white text dependent upon the label color as some colors had better visibility with one instead of the other text option
- By offering different quantity discount options, we helped the client to decide which quantity would offer the best value.
- By offering rolls of labels, it made it easy for our client to apply to the take out boxes
- We suggested food safe gloss stock. They can withstand the heat and humidity of hot food without peeling off.
Our client ended up purchasing 800,000 labels with 8 different styles of color and text combinations. Once the final design proof was approved, we were able to produce all the labels within 2 weeks. We quality control checked each set of labels and ensured each was packaged and boxed correctly. This allowed the client to store the unused labels and organize them based on the label content.
800,000 labels is no small feat but we also handle small label runs as well. If you need 100 labels or even less, come see us at Front Row Signs. We are happy to help! Call us at 832-222-9385.