Looking for a transmission auto repair specialist in Menlo Park?
M & R Automotive’s vehicle transmission repair service is all that you need.
Commonly known as the “gearbox,” the transmission engine plays a significant role in your vehicle’s efficient performance. If you ever rode a bicycle in your childhood, you might already know the importance of a properly functioning gear system and how a simple chain malfunction could destroy your trip. Similarly, your vehicle’s transmission system ensures efficient functioning, allowing your car to shift between gears according to the speed and road requirements. Read on to have a better understanding of your car’s transmission system:
What’s the Right Time to Get the Transmission Serviced?
Your vehicle’s transmission system comprises two key servicing components; the filter and the fluid. Your vehicle’s owner’s manual is the best resource to attain instructions on your vehicle’s transmission system type and the service intervals.
So if you have noticed any discoloring of fluid, the smell of burning, or leaking of oil, get your vehicle inspected by our service specialists at M & R Automotive.
What’s the Significance of the Transmission Fluid Color?
Typically, the bright red color represents the healthiest condition of the transmission fluid. The distinctive color of the transmission fluid helps you identify and distinguish between engine oils and other fluids in case of a leak. Also, bruising or staining of the fluid means that your transmission system’s overheated.
To have a well-functioning car, it’s significant that all systems and parts of your automotive work efficiently. The transmission system transmits the power between the engine, driveshaft, and wheels. In other words, your automotive won’t even start without having an operational transmission system. Listed below are some signs that indicate a transmission system problem:
- Slow Shifting: A low transmission fluid can be identified by a rise in the car’s RPM gauge during automatic gear shifts. If not dealt with in time, this issue can cause a transmission system failure.
- Grinding and Whining Noise: Torque converters contain needle pins that, if worn out, will create a whining sound even if your automotive isn’t in motion. Moreover, if you hear strange metallic grinding sounds while changing gears, the vehicle needs immediate assistance. The automotive transmission system issue is primarily caused due to low-level transmission fluid, which provides fluency in gear changes.
- Transmission Fluid Leakage: If you see a cherry red fluid spilled beneath your car, it means that your vehicle’s transmission fluid is leaking.
- Popped Out Gear: When in between automatic gear system changes, your vehicle’s manual transmission system suddenly pops out of nowhere; it means that your vehicle’s transmission system is malfunctioning. If not dealt with in time, this issue could hinder your car’s smooth performance and efficient control system.
If you are experiencing any of the aforementioned issues, get your vehicle inspected by our transmission M & R Automotive service specialists.
M & R Automotive’s Basic Transmission Services
Our vehicle transmission system services are as follows:
- Cleaning up the pan
- Draining away the fluid
- Installing the new gasket and pan filter
- Refilling the fluid according to the owner manual’s guidelines
To utilize any of the above services, contact our transmission repair specialists at M & R Automotive.
Get a Transmission Service Specialist
The best way to increase the life of your vehicle is by getting its transmission system checked regularly. In case of any transmission system failure, contact our service experts at M & R Automotive.