Research has shown that restaurants are more successful when they effectively utilize signage. Before your potential customer is exposed to the smell and sight of the food, they’re exposed to your restaurant sign. Having the right sign in the right place is absolutely Paramount. Good signage brings customers to your door as well as assists with presenting your products, specials and safety guidance which is particularly important in today’s times. With the significant impact that COVID has presented to the restaurant industry, you have to come up with unique and creative ways to service your customer. An important component to that strategy is signage. From directing customers to curbside pickup and outdoor dining spaces to informing them about social distancing guidelines and delivery services, your signage will play an important part in efficiently serving your customers.
Why is signage an important part of your advertising budget?
According to the findings from the 2011 BrandSpark/Better Homes and Gardens study, a study looking at American shoppers, “there is evidence that signs draw traffic to businesses, (2) consumers infer quality from signage, (3) signage trumps radio, internet and newspapers as an informational source regarding new products, and (4) a significant portion of the U.S. population (about half) has driven by and failed to find a business due to signage communication failure.”
- 60% of Americans have mistakenly driven past a business they were trying to find because of inadequate signage
- 2% of consumers agree that one of the first things they notice about a new or unfamiliar business is the signage outside its building
- 41% of consumers have made quality assumptions about a business based on the quality of the signage.
- 7% of consumers agree that signs can “convey the personality or character of the business”
So signs are important, what does this mean for your business?
It’s time to take a look at your signage, your branding and the flow of your sign package. There are many questions to ask yourself as you examine your business: What signage are you currently utilizing? Is it cohesive? Is it legible? Is the branding up to date? Does it drive business?
Luckily for you if the answer to any of these questions is no, there are many options available to fit your needs and budget!
Popular Sign Types for Restaurants include:
- Monument Signs or Storefront Signs for the restaurant
- Custom Storefront Awnings for the restaurant
- Menu Board Signs or Digital Menu Board Signs
- Restaurant Wall Graphics and Wall Murals
- A-Frame Signs & A-Frame Chalkboards for specials
- OSHA and Health Department Regulation Signs for Kitchen and Bathroom
- ADA Restroom Signs
- Vinyl Window Graphics
- Delivery Vehicle Wraps & Graphics
Considering today’s environment and the uncertainty of ever changing requirements and guidance’s, there are many options available that won’t break the bank and help you communicate to your customers how your are operating. For instance if you are providing outside dining in temporary spaces, yard signs, banners and menu board signs are great budget friendly options that will help drive revenue. If you have been closed during the pandemic and are re-opening, feather flags are a nice option to grab the attention of potential customers showing you are now open.
There are many options and price points to fit your needs and budget. If you need help on your opening or considering new signage to boost your business, give us a call for a free consultation.
We believe that getting you noticed is PARAMOUNT, and that starts with killer signage!