Traditionally when people think of vinyl decals they may think of vehicle graphics or maybe decals on the wall. The truth of the matter is that before the outbreak of COVID-19 the use of floor graphics was sparse.
With the ongoing changes to businesses and their operation capacities it is no wonder that the ways in which they are maintaining their business are also adapting. Regardless of the business type there is a need for increased safety signage for businesses and floor graphics have proven popular.
What are floor graphics?
Floor graphics are exactly what their name suggests: vinyl graphics that adhere to the floor and are meant to be walked on. They are constructed using an adhesive removable vinyl with a protective lamination that protects the image and increases durability and can also provide for an anti-slip feature that is essential for heavily trafficked areas.
12 Reasons Why Floor Graphics are Beneficial:
- Customizable:The range of opportunities for vinyl graphics is endless. From small to large-format sizing, printed decals to cut letters, directional signage to promotional material – floor graphics allow for you to get your message across in a way that is hard to miss!
- Cost Effective: Vinyl Graphics are an affordable way to promote your message!
- Durable:A basic floor graphic can last up to 6 months depending on the location and the traffic. Durability varies greatly on surface and adhesion type.
- Multi-surface:The indoor/outdoor capacity coupled with the versatility of the vinyl allows for endless possibilities. Different types of vinyl work best for different surfaces ranging from tile to carpet to sidewalks.
- Easy to install:Vinyl graphics, especially in decal form are simple to install allowing for individuals/companies to install small decals themselves. Large decals can be difficult for someone without experience but are simple for professionals making install time short!
- Easy to remove:When the time comes to remove the graphics, it is essential that they are easy to remove. Vinyl is selected based on the floor type, the traffic in the area as well as the desired longevity of the message. Vinyl is also carefully selected so that it will not damage your floors.
- Unexpected:People are used to seeing advertisements on windows, sidewalks, doors etc., floor graphics are underutilized allowing for the ability to catch the consumer off guard making your message more memorable.
- Hard to miss: Regardless of age or gender people have a tendency to watch where they are going, and floor graphics take advantage of this.
- Fights the draw of a smartphone: Even when people are not paying attention and are using their smartphones, their gaze is often downwards. This puts floor graphics directly in their sights whereas signage at eye level may be missed.
- Provides an additional branding opportunity:We have branded everything from walls to vehicles, why not include the floor? The floor is an often-underutilized space that packs an intense punch when used correctly.
- Works for convenient directional signage: Unlike traditional directional signage, floor graphics can be placed in the center of a room allowing you to optimize your space. The mobility of this type of sign allows for you to direct people as they go in a way they are sure not to miss.
- Makes Adhering to Social Distancing Easier:With COVID-19 affecting the way businesses operate floor graphics have gained in popularity. For retail stores and businesses alike, reminding people to adhere to social distancing guidelines protects your employees and your business.
With the business environment taking a turn its important to make sure that we are doing everything we can to ensure the safety of our community while also preserving the success of our businesses! As we move towards the yellow phase and the opening of more businesses, it is important to learn from the businesses open now as to what has and has not helped keep the business safe.
At Paramount Signs our team is here to help you and your business succeed in this uncertain time! Contact us today if you’re interested in learning more about how floor graphics could benefit your business.
We believe that getting you noticed (and keeping our community safe) is PARAMOUNT!
Have you come across any new and unique ways people are using signage to deal with this COVID-19 crisis? Let us know! We are always looking for new way to meet the needs of the community!