With everything going on in the world right now there is increased attention on how to keep employees and communities safe. People are looking to practice social distancing, they are self quarantining in their homes and many businesses have had to shut their doors either to work remotely or to wait out this pandemic. With the ever changing nature of the situation and the regulations changing regularly, those whose doors have remained open are faced with a new set of hurdles. Keeping safe in this time is essential and everyone is trying to do what they can to create the safest work environment. One way they are working to do so is with interior safety signs.
Interior signs are critical to making sure that employees, visitors and customers are properly directed through your facility and especially informed of potential safety concerns. Floor graphics, hanging signs, vinyl wall signs, ADA and accessibility signage as well as signage for health crises such as the one we are in are commonly sought solutions for facilities to maintain federally regulated compliance for workplace safety.
As is true with all signage, safety signage has regulations that businesses must adhere to. Some of the most common types of OSHA and safety compliant signage for businesses or facilities that are as follows:
In order to compete in today’s business environment, enterprises must work to protect their employees and their customers. One way to protect your human resources and to make sure your company survives hardships is to clearly label your facility with safety signs and decals/wall graphics. As a business owner, you are responsible for ensuring your facilities are adequately marked, and we are here to help!
Safety signs can literally save lives – whether it’s a fire exit sign or a hand washing sign, safety signage is essential in keeping communities safe. Safety signs can be broken down into two broad categories: Safety signs to protect workers and safety signs to protect consumers. Both categories are critical and span a broad range of products that we work to produce. Safety signs come in an array of shapes, sizes and materials. There are also many mounting options that are either incorporated into the design to enhance the sign or completely hidden to allow the sign to stand on its own.
Safety Signs to Protect Workers
- Hand Washing – Stop the spread of germs with a gentle reminder to wash hands after using the restroom.
- Safe Distancing – In today’s environment, maintaining a safe distance is crucial to slow the spread of COVID-19 and reminders are necessary. These practices are likely to become somewhat of a norm making the need for signage even more essential.
- Fire Safety – Use markers to direct workers and visitors to fire extinguishers, fire alarms and fire exits.
- No Entry – These include “Security Only,” surveillance, and “No Trespassing” signs. We also offer “Authorized Personnel Only” markers.
- Chemical Hazmat – You need to provide a warning of where potentially hazardous chemicals are stored and used on your property.
- ADA Signs – These signs are required by law to make your facility accessible to people of all abilities and to keep them safe.
Safety Signs to Protect Consumers
- No Smoking – Smoking is not only bad for you due to its high level of carcinogens, but it can also ignite any flammables you may have on the premises. Remind people that smoking is not allowed in certain areas.
- Exit and Entrance Signs – These may not seem like safety signs, but they do keep guests from wandering into areas where they could get hurt as well as escape from danger such as fires in an orderly fashion.
- Safe Distance Signs – In today’s environment, maintaining a safe distance is crucial to slow the spread of COVID-19 and reminders are necessary for the general public when venturing into public spaces.
- Safety Symbol Stickers – You do not even need words to alert passersby of the dangers nearby when you choose safety symbol stickers.
- OSHA Safety Signs and Labels – These markers are required by law to keep your workplace safe.
There are many different types, categories and styles of wayfinding and safety signs. If you have an application that is not shown in the list, don’t worry. As a custom sign company we specialize in designing and fabricating custom signs to suit your needs while also complying with required regulations.
Just because your business and facilities operations must be up to code and meet all associated regulations, your interior safety and compliance sign solutions don’t have to be boring! By choosing to go against the standard materials, colors, and digital graphics, your safety and compliance signs will be far more visible and will better represent a sophisticated brand. Signs can be customized and branded while still adhering to regulations setting your business up for success! Paramount Signs is ready to consult with you to create compliant signage that is visually appealing and represents your brand while respecting your budget. Whether in a pinch or planning for the future, we are here to make your experience the best it can be and leave your business set up for success. We believe that getting you noticed (and keeping you safe) is PARAMOUNT! Contact us today for a free quote!