How can I prepare to request a quote?
There are many misconceptions about the quoting process when it comes to signage. Unlike retail stores where say a shirt is $22.95, the price for signage varies job to job. There are several factors that influence the price including art design, permitting, production, materials, size, installation etc. The expansive nature of the sign industry and the extended options can create a difficult situation when individuals request a quote for their sign or vehicle wrap. To help us help you we created a list of some of the information we require to get you the most accurate quote for your upcoming job!
Some bits of information you will need to initiate the quote process for external signage.
- Specify the location of your signage (Address and municipality)
Location will allow the sign company to research what is allowable in regards to size, type and restrictions for exterior signs.
- Provide any site specific requirements (Provided by your landlord or property manager)
Most properties have guidance’s on what is allowed to maintain consistency for signage on their buildings and pylons.
- Identify the message(s) you want your signage to convey
Consider the customer you want to attract. Keep in mind your branding message and be consistent.
- Provide any branding assets, logos, color requirements etc.
If you have art for your brand and logo it can save time and money. If you don’t have artwork we can provide design services for you.
- Know the approximate size and type of your intended signage
If you are not familiar with the local codes, take notice of the signage in your area for sign type and area. We can always review the local codes to get an idea on what is allowed.
- Have examples of signage that are similar to what you have in mind.
Sharing images of signs and illumination types you’d like for your project is helpful, as is your logo, color, and other brand elements that will factor into the sign’s design. This will help us better understand what you are looking for and thus get you the most accurate quote possible!
- Be willing to work closely with our design team to create something really unique.
The design process is somewhat iterative. We try to get a sense of what your company is about, what you are trying to convey to your potential customers and your budget will help us create the perfect design to fit your needs.
- If you are on a tight budget this is also something important to let us know as our team can work with you to find you a most cost effective way to create the look you are envisioning!
If you are interested in interior signage, the following items will be helpful when submitting your request:
- The building location
- Building timeline, redevelopment/construction, and occupancy status
- The number of floors, rooms, elevators, staircases, and facilities for identification signs
- List of locations requiring special signage (e.g. lobby signage, signs for entry areas, parking areas etc.)
- Sign types desired. For example, a simple room number ID sign would be less expensive than a room sign with a window for a name and title. ADA compliant signs are required in certain circumstances.
- Identify the message(s) you want your signage to convey (Full wall graphics will portray a different message and give a different effect than dimensional letters which will be different than wall signs)
- Provide any branding assets, logos, color requirements etc.
- Have examples of signage that are similar to what you have in mind – OR –
- Be willing to work closely with our design team to create something really unique
- If you are on a tight budget this is also something important to let us know as our team can work with you to find you a more cost effective way to create the look you are envisioning!
Looking for a vehicle graphic or wrap?
Here are some tips for information needed to provide an accurate quote.
- Year, make and model of the vehicle is the basic start.
Trim levels and options are just as important. An extended van or extra height van can influence the pricing considerably as square footage of material used and complexity are factors influencing price.
- Photos of the Vehicle–
Photos allow us to detect any obstacles that we may encounter before the installation process begins, (i.e. paint integrity issues, chips, rust, missing or custom hardware.) Here are the tips we suggest when taking photos to send to our designer: Photos should be taken of the front, back, and both sides. Pictures should be straight on shot and camera level should be at the bottom of the windows.
- Look online for examples of the type of graphic or wrap you like and provide the images.
This helps us start to more accurately price the design based on material and design time as well as helping to create the art for your vehicle in the most streamlined fashion which saves you time and money!
- Company logo and other branding art –
This should be vector art for best results. Recreating logos or images from bitmapped art can incur an additional fee
Can you get an accurate signage quote online?
If you know exactly what you need, and that it meets your local codes, yes. Providing the best quote for your signage project, however, is likely to be a somewhat iterative process because of the many “unknowns” that exist at the beginning of any project. As the details change it will affect the pricing for your job.
We often receive quote requests for signs that seem, at first, to be “cut and dry.” Then, upon learning a little bit more about the business, location, and local ordinances, we may suggest different materials, lighting techniques, or designs that may better fit the application and budget.
There is really one don’t regarding quoting.
Don’t be afraid to call for a consultation. We can guide you through the process. We will identify for you the information we need to provide an accurate quote. That is what we are here for.
Want to Learn More?
As a full-service custom sign company, we have made it our mission to provide a superior standard of both product and service. We utilize only the highest quality of materials, designs, and equipment. Are you interested in learning more about this and other projects? Do you want to hear the benefits that will be awarded to your business specifically? Contact our professionals, and let us get you started today! After all, getting you noticed is PARAMOUNT.