Do you want your vinyl banners to last longer? Here is what you can do.
It takes a considerable amount of time, money and effort to come up with a vinyl banner for an exhibition or a tradeshow. However, the investment is worth it as vinyl is quite a sturdy material and can last for a long time if it is stored properly. If you don’t take care of your vinyl banner properly, it can fade and get damaged with time. To maintain your vinyl banner and make it last longer, you must understand what it is made of. These banners are made up of PVC, which is a durable material if taken care of.
Furthermore, it is resistant to humidity and moisture. The best way to maintain your vinyl signs and make them last longer is to keep them clean. In this article, we shall discuss the best tips to clean your vinyl banners.
Cleaning Vinyl Banners to Make Them Last Longer
If you want to clean your vinyl banners, the following tips will help you along the way.
- To begin with, always invest in high-quality banners from a trusted signage manufacturer. The banner you purchase should be able to sustain itself. Substandard signage materials can wear and tear easily and get damaged with time. Only by buying quality banners can you protect your investment.
- When cleaning your vinyl banners, make sure you clean them with a soft and non-abrasive material. You can either use a towel made of cotton or even a soft microfiber. Refrain from using a sponge or any other abrasive fabric.
- To protect your signs, refrain from using harsh chemicals. These chemicals make the color fade away and damage the vinyl.
- To clean your vinyl banners, the combination of soap and water is an excellent alternative to harsh chemicals that we have just discussed. However, the soap you use should be mild and odorless. After cleaning the banner with the detergent and water solution, make sure all the solvent is removed, and the banner is dried. Only after the banner is dried should you store it.
- Paper towels seem useful, but they are highly abrasive and can damage your banners.
- When storing your vinyl banner, make sure it is kept in a dry and cool place, where the sunlight cannot enter. Refrain from folding your banner, and make sure it is straight. By keeping the banner straight, you will prevent the letters and graphics from rubbing against one another. Try to roll your vinyl banner instead of folding it.
- Make sure the right tools are used to hang the banner. If it is not hanger properly, the banner will fall down and get damaged; thus, your investment will be in vain.
As discussed in the beginning, a vinyl banner is an expensive form of signage. Only by following the aforementioned tips can you clean, store and maintain your vinyl banners and make them last longer.