We do not have control over what situations we are born into, but everyone has the power to shape their future. Your future is determined by how you think, positively or negatively. Fortunately, limiting views and beliefs can be changed. With practice, consistency, and effort, you can change your thinking and, ultimately, your life.
How to Think Like a Winner
Successful people focus on what they want, which empowers them to achieve more. Regardless of their circumstances or environment, successful people maintain a positive mindset. Dr. Martin Seligman of the University of Pennsylvania found that in his survey of more than 350,000 people, successful people experienced more optimism.
Having an optimistic mindset isn’t merely an advantage for business but an advantage to improve your overall quality of life. Optimism makes people more energetic and physically and mentally healthier. Being optimistic also fuels your creativity, confidence, and ability to recognize and create opportunities for abundance.
On the other hand, having an overly stressed mind and negative thinking will activate your sympathetic nervous system causing bodily inflammation – leading to physical illness, panic, anxiety, reactive or erratic behavior, and depression.
Becoming more optimistic is an ability everyone can learn, no matter their background. Here are some tips I offer my clients for cultivating a positive mindset conducive to success.
The Seven-Part Mental Fitness Program
Here are seven mental exercises you can do each day to become a more positive, optimistic, and confident individual:
- Think about the future: successful people occupying leadership positions are future-oriented. They aren’t complacent by immediate gratification offered in the present or experience stasis because of dwelling on past events.
- Think about your goals: create specific tangible goals, record them on paper or in a document, make a deadline, lay out the steps you need to take from most important to least, and finally, start taking action. Do something every day in pursuit of completing your goal.
- Commit to excellence: resolve to join the top 10 percent in your field to pursue excellence. Successful people are skilled at what they do.
- Focus on results: successful people focus on creating favorable results. By focusing on results, you raise your standards to commit to better productivity, high performance, and high output.
- Focus on solutions: unsuccessful people focus entirely on their problems rather than creating solutions. Negativity breeds pessimism. Optimistic people are more successful because they resort to creativity for solutions.
- Dedicate to life-long learning: people focused on continuous growth are committed to exploring infinite possibilities of their future.
- Do things now: take action immediately at opportunities.
Receive individualized guidance in overcoming personal obstacles to become the leader of your personal and professional success by booking a consultation with me today.