Do you spot a bit of fuzz growing on the walls?
Mold can be one of the most dangerous substances in your house. Mold is a silent attacker which does not announce itself with a lot of show. Most often, by the time you actually realize you have a mold problem, it will have been too late.
Mold is spread through microscopic spores which attach to damp and dark places. Household mold can grow quietly and lowly without alerting you or any member of the house. It can grow to cover entire walls. Mold damage is a very serious issue and should not be ignored. Mold growth is common in Massachusetts because of the way older basements were built. Ground water is common and a perfect source for mold growth in a dark, damp basement.
You should call for mold removal services if you suspect or find presence of mold. Selecting the right mold remediation company is critical. Service Team of Professionals (STOP) specializes in mold remediation and follows science-based protocols. STOP Metrowest is recognized as IICRC certified.
Why do we stress the gravity of mold damage so much? Because it can harm you in the following ways:
Poor Air Quality
Mold begins to release spores of its own. This is its main method of growth. These spores can affect the air quality of your house negatively. You will find attacked rooms to have a stuffy, musty, and cloying feel. The spores can irritate your air passageways and make the room smell a lot.
Air quality alone won’t be affected. It is not uncommon for mold spores to trigger allergies in people. They are micro-irritants and will disturb your nose and throat. Allergies from pollen are thought to be harmless if inconveniencing. That won’t be the case with mold allergies since mold is more dangerous.
Risk of Medical Conditions
Prolonged exposure to mold can cause a number of serious medical conditions. The first to develop will be asthma. Asthma can be caused by long term exposure to airborne irritants. If you already have asthma, it can be worsened further. Asthma attacks are nothing to take lightly and mold spores will make them more likely.
You can also develop other respiratory conditions or diseases. In general, it is not safe to live in an area with mold. In Massachusetts communities like Framingham MA, Holliston MA, Natick MA, and Newton MA, where weather conditions promote soggy basements and homes, there is a higher chance for mold to grow.
Likelihood of Fungal Infections
Mold is a member of the fungi family. Mold spores can spread anywhere they can take root. This includes anything and everything from furniture to organic matter. You should avoid or take extra precautions when living in an environment where fungal infections can occur.
Fungal infections can be very painful and dangerous. The immune-compromised will be at higher risk from fungal spores. Not to mention, you won’t be able to leave any food or fruits lying outside.
Mold Damage can Kill
We don’t joke at all! Mold damage can indeed cause death in the long term. Mold spores contain mycotoxins. These toxins are dangerous for our neurological systems. Long term exposure can lead to neurological disorders and conditions. Ultimately, death follows from mycotoxin toxicity.
Mold can be very harmful and should be fought at the earliest opportunity. Never wait around for the water or moisture problem to grow mold before tackling it.
STOP Metrowest is an IICRC Certified Firm – safe, quality, and compassionate service is our priority! We provide 24/7 emergency water removal and restoration of any water damage related issues as well as mold remediation in Sudbury MA or other Metrowest MA communities like Wellesley MA, Hopkinton MA, and Westborough MA. Call Service Team of Professionals (STOP MetroWest 508-753-3780) based in Framingham MA.