Mold growth is more common than we think.
Mold spores naturally exist in the environment around us, which is why it becomes almost impossible to completely get rid of them. These microbial creatures spread in different parts of our homes whenever there is even a little moisture build up. The most common places for mold growth are between ceramic tiles or under the carpets, sink or counters.
Mold growth usually takes place in hidden damp areas, which makes it unnoticeable at first. This is why homeowners must keep a check on their water leaks and unusual odors. It is also important to keep the house clean and dry.
Mold remediation services are the best solution to get rid of mold. The following are the reasons why you need a professional service instead of a DIY solution for mold removal.
Mold is Hazardous to Health
These microscopic mold spores float in the air and spread everywhere. When it grows in a home, it releases its toxins in the air and into the respiratory system. Inhaling mold spores is highly hazardous, especially for children and the elderly. It may also cause skin, nose, or eye irritation. The mold may enter your air conditioner and heating units and contaminate the air released from it.
Black mold is a severe type of mold that may cause serious allergies and irritation. Such types of molds cannot be cleared through DIY solutions and you need to call a professional. Service Team of Professionals based in Framingham MA is certified in mold remediation services and prioritizes safety in every job.
It Has an Unpleasant Odor
Unpleasant odor within your home can be an indication of mold. So whenever you notice a constant unpleasant smell, always call a mold inspection service immediately. It becomes difficult to stay in a confined space with a smelly odor for a long time. Mold odor makes it difficult to breathe, eat, and sleep in the house.
It Causes Structural Damage
Since mold growth can take place anywhere – from new construction sites to occupied structures – a professional company is needed to deal with it. If mold is left untreated or not cleaned properly, it can start causing structural damage. The longer the mold stays in between the tiles, the deeper it goes and the more damage it causes.
Professional Mitigation and Testing
A professional mold remediation service, like Service Team of Professionals (STOP), uses the appropriate tools and techniques to get rid of the mold and its odor and restore the damage that it has caused. They also carry out further testing to clear the premises from all sorts of mold spores. Expert mold remediation services know the best strategies and practices to use to get rid of mold.
This is why homeowners need to call STOP Metrowest instead of trying DIY solutions. In the quest to save money, you might end up with a costlier problem.