A thermal imaging inspection is one of the only ways to know for sure if any of your pipes is clogged or is leaking in areas of your home where you won’t see a wet spot. So it’s a good idea to have Spectrum Cleaning and Restoration do a thermal imaging inspection even before you have suspicions of a leak.
Here are some situations that are ideal for you to schedule a thermal imaging inspection:
- Before you buy, sell, or lease your property
- Anytime you are experiencing plumbing troubles, or when you contact a plumber
- Following a natural disaster or other major weather event, such as a hurricane
- Before purchasing new insurance or filing a claim
- After having pipes repaired
- Before undertaking any remodeling or renovations. This is especially important if you have an older home where there aren’t clear plans or if do-it-yourself repairs have been completed.
- If you notice a sudden spike in your water bills
- After flood damage, or if you suspect water damage has happened
What can you expect from a Thermal Imaging Inspection?
Once you’ve scheduled your thermal imaging inspection with Spectrum Cleaning and Restoration, a licensed and experienced remediation specialist will come out to your property at the scheduled time. There may be some preparation needed on your part prior to the appointment. Thermal loading is a phenomenon that occurs when a temperature has an effect on buildings. That exact temperature is determined by several factors: the outdoor air temperature, any solar radiation, the underground temperature, the temperature inside the building, and whatever heat source equipment is inside the property. To mitigate or reduce the thermal load, our technician may ask you to set your thermostat to a certain temperature prior to your thermal imaging inspection. They will let you know ahead of time, so there are no inconveniences or surprises.
At Spectrum Cleaning and Restoration, Southwest Florida’s premier remediation specialists, we can perform a thorough thermal imaging inspection. During this inspection we will make sure your property is free of damage in areas such as, but not limited to, any of the following:
- Up in the ceilings
- Under the floorboards, carpets, and subflooring
- Within the walls
- Inside concrete foundations
- Behind the backsplash or tile in kitchens and/or bathrooms
- The underside of the bathtub
Spectrum Cleaning and Restoration of Southwest Florida offers thermal imaging inspections as part of our fire, water, mold remediation services. To find out more or schedule your own inspection today, call our office in Fort Myers today at (239) 910-6381.