Ductless air conditioners, also known as mini-split systems, have increased in popularity. Many people choose them over traditional central air conditioning systems because they are more efficient and can be installed in more locations. But which type of system is better for your home? Here is a comparison of ductless and central AC systems and some information on what to consider when choosing between the two.
What is Central Air Conditioning?
A central air conditioner is a single unit that consists of an outdoor compressor and an indoor coil. The compressor pumps refrigerant to the indoor coil, where it evaporates and cools the air. The cooled air is then distributed throughout the home via ducts.
Benefits of a Central Air Conditioning over Ductless
While ductless air conditioners have their benefits, there are several reasons why a central AC system may be the better option for your home. Some of these advantages include:
– Greater efficiency: Central AC systems tend to be more efficient than mini-split systems because they provide even cooling throughout your entire home.
– Lower upfront costs: A new central AC system can save you money in the long run due to its greater efficiency and ability to cool more extensive areas. Many homeowners qualify for tax credits or utility rebates when choosing this system.
– Reduced energy usage: Central air conditioning units typically use less energy than mini-split systems because they draw on an existing ductwork system that has already been designed for maximum energy efficiency.
What is a Ductless Air Conditioner?
A ductless air conditioner, also known as a mini-split system, is a type of air conditioning unit that consists of an outdoor compressor and one or more indoor units. The indoor units are mounted on the wall and connected to the outdoor compressor via a small conduit. Refrigerant is pumped from the outdoor unit to the indoor units, where it evaporates and cools the air. The cooled air is then distributed throughout the room or area where the unit is installed.
Benefits of a Ductless over Central Air Conditioning
There are several benefits to choosing a ductless air conditioner over a central AC system:
– Flexibility in the installation: Since ductless mini-split systems don’t require any ductwork, they can be installed almost anywhere. This flexibility allows them to be used in locations that may not suit central AC systems, such as older homes with limited space.
– Cost-effectiveness: Ductless air conditioners are more affordable than central systems and can provide efficient cooling for smaller spaces. This makes them an excellent option for small apartments or additions to existing homes.
– Improved energy efficiency: Compared to central air systems, ductless AC units are typically more energy-efficient since they draw on less power to cool smaller areas.
AC Installation in Melbourne, FL
There is no right or wrong answer when choosing between a ductless and central air conditioning system. Factors such as the size and layout of your home, budget considerations, and energy usage will all play a role in your decision. If you are interested in learning more about the different options available, contact Dial Duran Service Co. today. Our skilled technicians can help you choose the best system for your home and provide expert installation services. Give us a call today!