Air ducts are an essential part of your home’s heating and cooling system, but they can also be a breeding ground for mold, dust mites, and other harmful pollutants if not properly cleaned. As the experts at Dial Duran Service Co. know from their many years of experience in Cocoa, FL, and the surrounding areas, it is essential to have your air ducts inspected regularly to ensure they are free of any harmful contaminants.
What Are Some Signs that Air Ducts Need Cleaning?
Most people know that air ducts need to be cleaned regularly in order to maintain good indoor air quality. However, many people don’t know the signs that it’s time to have their air ducts cleaned. Here are some things to look for:
- Increased dust in your home: If you find yourself dusting more often than usual or notice a layer of dust on surfaces that don’t typically collect dust, it could be a sign that your air ducts are dirty and need to be cleaned.
- Visible mold growth: If you see mold growing on any surface in your home, it’s essential to have your air ducts cleaned as soon as possible. Mold can cause various health problems, so it’s best to err on the side of caution.
- Unexplained respiratory problems: If you or someone in your family starts experiencing unexplained respiratory problems, it could be due to dirty air ducts. Having them cleaned may help alleviate the problem.
- Strange smells coming from your vents: If you notice strange smells coming from your vents, it’s likely that something is caught in your air ducts and needs to be removed.
- Higher energy bills: If you notice your energy bills start to increase for no apparent reason, it could be because your HVAC system is working harder than it needs to. This is often due to dirty air ducts causing the system to work less efficiently.
What is a Good Schedule for Air Duct Cleaning?
Dial Duran Service Co. experts recommend having your air ducts cleaned every 3-5 years. However, this may vary depending on various factors, including how often you run your HVAC system or if someone in your home has allergies or asthma.
If you’re not sure whether or not it’s time to have your air ducts cleaned, give us a call, and we’d be happy to take a look and provide our professional opinion.
Expert Air Duct Cleaning in Cocoa, FL
If you detect any of the signs mentioned above, your air ducts must be cleaned by a professional as soon as possible. Dial Duran Service Co. has been cleaning air ducts in Melbourne and the surrounding areas for over 26 years and is a family-owned company dedicated to providing quality service. We are a licensed, insured, and trustworthy business that can care for any residential or commercial air duct cleaning need. Contact us today to learn how we can help!