Are you aware of the dangers of black mold exposure? Let’s discuss them in detail.
One of the worst things to happen at your property is mold damage. Mold is dangerous to your health and can ruin the foundation of your property. Furthermore, there are several strains of mold, and the most dangerous and toxic one is black mold. In the following paragraphs, we will discuss the dangers of black mold exposure, its symptoms and treatment.
So, let’s break it down.
Symptoms of Black Mold Exposure
Mold exists in the form of tiny spores, which are invisible to the human eye. To grow and survive, they need a food source and abundant moisture. Once it takes root, it weakens the foundation and structure of your home. It also takes its toll upon human health. It tends to affect children and old people the most because they have weaker immune systems, which cannot fight against pollutants.
Mold poisoning takes place when mold finds its way into a person’s system. There are several symptoms of mold poisoning, some of which are mentioned below.
- Severe headaches
- Loss of memory
- Mood change
- Pains and body aches
Besides the aforementioned symptoms, mold exposure also results in symptoms like allergies and irritation. Allergic people are far more sensitive to mold, and they might experience the following symptoms.
- Dry coughing
- Runny and stuffy nose
- Red and watery eyes
- Skin rashes
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
If you have asthma or any other respiratory illness, mold exposure will worsen it with time. In a 2012 study, it was discovered that infants are more likely to fall prey to mold and they usually develop asthma by the age of seven. A similar study in 2004 showed that by spending a long period of time inside a damp place can also increase your chances of developing asthma.
In a similar study conducted in 2004, it was found that prolonged exposure to mold can result in lung diseases, and even cancer.
If you have a tough immune system, you shouldn’t worry about mold, but it is still better to avoid it. However, with people suffering from HIV or other issues like cancer, mold exposure can be extremely dangerous. Such people tend to have weaker immunity, and mold exposure can lead to fungal infections, which can only add to the problems they are facing with their health.
Based on the person’s symptoms and family history a doctor can diagnose mold allergy. There might even be a few tests, such as the following, that might have to be conducted.
- A skin pick test to find out how you react to allergens.
- Blood tests to figure out how well your immune system can protect you against mold.
In order to treat the aforementioned symptoms, there are a few things you need to do. First of all, try your best to avoid all allergens. Secondly, do a nasal rinse to flush away these allergens. You can even use nasal sprays to deal with congestion. You can use nasal corticosteroids to minimize inflammation, along with oral decongestants to minimize congestion.
The best way to put a stop to these symptoms is to get rid of all types of mold from your house. For this you can call a mold restoration service. For the best mold restoration services in Mesa, Tempe, San Tan Valley and Gilbert, AZ, visit our website today.