Are you planning to clean mold using bleach? Please refrain from doing so.
All of us, at some point, have experienced mold growth within our homes. However, not many of us like to talk about it or aren’t fully aware of the seriousness of this issue. Mold is not only dangerous, but also tricky and dangerous to remove.
If you have noticed some mold growth inside your living space, make sure it is removed as quickly as possible. The best thing you can do is to assign the task to a professional mold remediation company in Mesa, AZ. However, if you plan on opting for DIY methods, refrain from using bleach. Here are some reasons why you shouldn’t use bleach to get rid of mold.
So, let’s begin.
Bleach Can Be Toxic
The fumes produced by chlorine bleach are toxic and can be dangerous for both humans as well as pets. A common byproduct produced by chlorine bleach is dioxin. Using bleach to clean mold pollutes the environment, and therefore, you should resort to professional remediation services in Mesa, AZ or safer cleaning alternatives to clean mold.
Bleach Supports Mold Growth
It seems a little strange but bleach actually contributes to the growth of mold on porous surfaces. Before you apply bleach on mold, make sure you read the label on its bottle. You will realize that bleach is to be used only on non-porous surfaces instead of porous ones.
Mold tends to take root in porous surfaces like concrete and drywall, and therefore, using bleach won’t suffice, regardless of how hard you try. Bleach will only get rid of the mold that is visible on the surface, while the mold underneath the surface will continue to grow.
Bleach Becomes Futile With Time
With time, the effectiveness of chlorine bleach tends to decrease. Why don’t you do a little experiment to see it for yourself?
Fill up a glass with chlorine bleach. With time, you will realize that the chlorine evaporates. The evaporation of chlorine makes you question the potency of bleach. If you don’t know how old your bleach is, it is better not to use it.
The worst part about using bleach to get rid of mold is that you think that you have gotten rid of mold, when in reality, you haven’t. Bleach only removes the discoloration caused by mold.
By now, you must have realized why using bleach for mold removal isn’t such a good idea. Mold removal is challenging, and it cannot be treated as a DIY project. Therefore, it is better if you seek professional help from a reputable mold remediation company such as Service Team Of Professionals Mesa found in Mesa, AZ.