Have you been using chemicals for mold cleanup? You shouldn’t be doing that.
When it comes to property maintenance mold damage is one of the most frequently discussed topics. Although it doesn’t kill you, mold can harm your health, as well as your property. When trying to remove mold, most homeowners resort to chemicals such as bleach. What they don’t know is that using chemicals for mold clean-up isn’t the right thing to do.
Here are a few reasons why chemicals should never be used for mold cleanup.
Let’s take a look.
Mold and Bleach Don’t Get Along
It is a common observation that the chemicals used by homeowners to get rid of mold have some form of bleach in them. Contrary to popular belief, mold and bleach don’t get along too well. Furthermore, the combination of the two results in the creation of a chemical that is similar to a pesticide. To keep yourself and your family members safe, make sure not to use bleach-based chemicals for mold cleanup.
Chemicals Affect the Indoor Air Quality
Chemicals aren’t only dangerous when they come in contact with mold. If used to clean mold damage, a considerable amount of chemical is needed. The sheer amount of chemicals in your home can result in the creation of a toxic cloud inside your living space. As a result, breathing becomes difficult, and you may even experience respiratory issues. If you have made the horrendous mistake of cleaning mold with chemicals, make sure to open the doors and windows. Doing so, you will provide ventilation, and enable the harmful fumes to escape quickly.
Having mold growth is detrimental to your health. People residing in mold stricken homes are exposed to mycotoxin or biotoxin. These are two of the most dangerous chemicals produced by mold. By using chemicals in hopes of removing mold, you are adding to the chemical concentration within your living space.
Chemicals Tend to Stay
No one knows for sure how long the mold removal chemicals are in to stay. Some of the chemicals used for mold cleanup tend to stay inside your home for several years before they finally break down. Furthermore, it is difficult to determine how these chemicals will affect the health of the occupants. It is after some time that you figure out their effects, and by that time it is already too late.
Sensitivity to Chemicals
Some people tend to react sensitively to some of the mildest chemicals used for mold cleanup. By using harsh chemicals like bleach to remove mold, you are putting yourself and rest if the house occupants in a lot of trouble.
Keeping the aforementioned point in view, make sure never to use harsh chemicals for mold cleanup in your home. It is better to seek help from a professional mold remediation company like ours.