Home Restoration News

Mesa, AZ

Home Restoration News

logo-map-icon

Mesa, AZ

by: ED SALTOU

Service Team Of Professionals Mesa

(480) 418-4097

Mesa, AZ – Common Causes of House Fires | Fire Damage Restoration News

Are you trying to minimize the risk of a house fire in your home?

A house fire is a highly dangerous and traumatic situation for anyone to experience. The worry of your family members making it out safely before they get physically injured is nerve wrecking to say the least. Even after your loved ones are safe and sound, it’s not easy to watch the home you’re so emotionally attached to burn down with all your belongings in it.

Moreover, the fire damage restoration services required to fix your home cost a significant amount of money. A sudden house fire can be a huge blow on your finances.  The restoration process also takes many days so you have to find a temporary place to live in before you can go back to living in your home again. This is why it is your job as a responsible home-owner to recognize all safety risks that can easily lead to the accident of a house fire and avoid prevent them from happening in your home. Continue reading this article to find out the common causes of house fires in a home.

Unmonitored Cooking Equipment on the Stove

The most common cause of house fires in homes is leaving unmonitored cooking equipment on the stove. According to a report, 48% of residential fires are caused by leaving unmonitored cooking equipment on the stove.

In order to prevent house fires from occurring in your home, you should make it a point to never leave the kitchen with the stove switched on.  You can simply switch off the stove if you have to leave the house to do something important. Moreover, if you ever need to leave the kitchen for a few minutes, you should simply ask someone else to keep an eye on the stove while you’re away.

Heating Appliances Placed Near Flammable Objects

The next safety risk that can easily lead to a house fire is heating appliances when placed near flammable objects. Portable heaters placed near combustible items like fabrics contribute to 15% of all house fires according to a recent report. This means you must be extra careful and never place portable heaters in close proximity to other objects that could catch fire. As a rule general of thumb, we suggest you to place portable heaters at least 1 meter away from other objects for the safety of your home.

Circuit Wire

Short Circuits Electrical Wires

Another common cause of house fires is short circuits in electrical wires. Short circuits usually happen in electrical wires when they are overloaded to supply too much power and this causes them to overheat. The sparks released from overheated electrical wires then land on flammable objects and eventually lead to an uncontrollable fire.

This is why you should always be careful in using electrical extensions and not attach to many appliances to a single power outlet. Moreover, it is a good practice to place electrical wires in visible areas and not underneath carpets where you won’t be able to see the sparks from a short circuit.

When it comes to house fires, a little effort goes a long way to safeguard your home. We hope reading this article motivates you to avoid these safety risks in your home to minimize the risks of a house fire.

For more information on fire damage restoration, please visit our website.

Recent

“Best Restoration Company in Mesa, AZ”

Top Rated Local Restoration Company / Water Damage Repair

Maricopa County: Mesa, Gilbert, Apache Junction, Queen Creek, Tempe, AZ

Ad Ad

Recent

“Best Restoration Company in Mesa, AZ”

Top Rated Local Restoration Company / Water Damage Repair

Maricopa County: Mesa, Gilbert, Apache Junction, Queen Creek, Tempe, AZ

ABOUT CITYSCOOP

logo-map-iconLOCAL NEWS
LOCAL EXPERTS

LOCAL NEWS - LOCAL EXPERTS
logo-map-icon

CityScoop is a network of business owners from across the U.S. and we publish articles about our clients and the projects we are working on in our businesses.  Take a look at some of our recent projects and videos and get a glimpse of how we help our customers.

EXCLUSIVE | We accept only one local expert business per category in each city.

CS CERTIFIED | All our writers must pass a basic background check and be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge in their field.

Are you a business owner?  Join us.

Click here for more info.

About Cityscoop
Profile Avatar Logo

BIO: Ed is a husband, father, and grandfather. Worked in the rugged embedded computing world for nearly 30 years before venturing into the emergency service world in 2014. We take the fear out of the problem whether it be water, mold, fire, or bio damage.

1155 South Power Road, #Suite 114 #176,
Mesa, AZ 85206, USA

(Get Directions)

Get Directions

1155 South Power Road, #Suite 114 #176,
Mesa, AZ 85206, USA

Please wait...

BIO: Ed is a husband, father, and grandfather. Worked in the rugged embedded computing world for nearly 30 years before venturing into the emergency service world in 2014. We take the fear out of the problem whether it be water, mold, fire, or bio damage.