Water in a crawl space can lead to mold, mildew, structural damage, and possible health risks to your family. If you reside in Decatur, protecting your crawl space or basement against water damage is essential to prevent these risks. Both professional and DIY options can work to disperse water from the crawl space or basement.
Some of the best ways to diverse water from the crawl space or basement to prevent problems include:
- Waterproofing: Waterproofing is the ultimate solution to divert water from your home. It is not a DIY job, but one we can take care of for you here at Southern Crawl Space. Waterproofing not only prevents water accumulation in the future but eliminates water that has already accumulated in your basement or crawlspace. We use LumberKote and MaxxBarrier here at SCP, ensuring complete waterproofing satisfaction for Decatur homeowners.
- French Drain Installation: We can also install a French Drain in your crawl space or basement to divert water away from the crawl space. A French Drain is a trench filled with gravel that prevents water buildup.
- Seal Cracks: Cracks emerge in the crawl space, giving a passageway for water to enter. It can happen before you realize what has happened and will only worsen until you seal the cracks.
- Use a Dehumidifier: A dehumidifier can remove moisture from the air. Moisture is the main cause of crawl space dampness, so when there is no moisture in the air, there can be no dampness.
- Install a Sump Pump: When all else fails, a sump pump installation may be the solution. A sump pump can pump out groundwater from underneath the home and block water’s access into the crawlspace.
Diverting water from the crawl space is the best prevention strategy homeowners can use to protect their homes. The tips above are all solutions that divert that water away.
Southern Crawl Space offers moisture control services, including basement and crawlspace waterproofing, drainage system installation, and vapor barrier installation. SCS guarantees to fix your moisture issues permanently. Our trained team of technicians utilizes only the best solutions for your basement or crawlspace. We are proud to offer LumberKote™and MaxxBarrier™waterproofing sealers by WatsonSeal. We are Alabama’s ONLY Watson Seal Authorized Dealer. If you have a service request, give us a call. We will happily provide a free inspection and service estimate.