Completing the strategic planning process can give business owners and entrepreneurs valuable insight. When used with your business plan, a strategic plan lays a foundation for your company to increase market value, make significant operations and departmental improvements, and continuously create and recreate cost-effective, efficient, and time-saving solutions.
Strategic planning may seem time-consuming, but it is invaluable to business growth. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to begin the process simple and more efficient. Additionally, when completed with a certified business coach, it is an engaging and enlightening process fueling improvement in productivity, operations management, sales, and more.
Take Time to Review
Many business owners and entrepreneurs want to avoid the strategic planning process because it may take time away from their work. However, planning to help your business grow is work. You have to take time with your team to review previous business goals to identify what you have and haven’t accomplished and the conditions behind both.
A business coach is certified in assessing behavioral, sales, and team dynamics to understand the underlying factors contributing to your previous results, saving you time and guesswork. Additionally, having a business coach as a facilitator for efficient and impartial meetings prevents you from holding longer meetings.
Seek Answers to the Important Questions
To gain optimal insight into the progress and future of your business, you should focus on getting answers to the questions that reveal important information about your environment and how your company currently operates. Ask questions such as:
- Where have you excelled in your business?
- What potential growth or improvement areas were unsuccessful in the previous year and why?
- Where have you missed opportunities to engage your market or to gain new customers?
- Who has excelled in performance, and what has their performance contributed to your company?
- Who didn’t perform, and how has it affected your company?
Check If Your Vision Has Changed
When you first created your business, you identified your mission, purpose, vision, and values. Are you still aligned with them, and if not, why? Has your business vision changed, and now your business plan needs updating? Knowing this is critical in setting new goals in your strategic plan as you may strategize entering a new market, innovating your products or services, attracting new customers, and more.
How I Help You Create a Strategic Plan
- I assess your company’s purpose, mission, vision, and values to determine your progress and status in occupying that position in the market.
- I use financial assessments to determine where your company sits compared to the benchmark and top 10 percent of your industry.
- I help you create purposeful and tangible goals for growth and improvement.
- I will create action and performance plans.
You can book a consultation with me today to create a professionally-developed strategic plan.