Faced with an annoying smell at home? Seek reliable deodorization services today.
Whether you suspect mold presence or have recently suffered fire damage, unpleasant odors may have seriously invaded your living or office space. Such a place becomes unhealthy for families, and you can’t expect your employees to work in such conditions.
To ensure a healthy living and working space, you must effectively get rid of the smell. If the situation is serious, no amount of effort on your part will effectively remove the lingering smell. You will need to seek a professional deodorization service to address the issue.
Let’s take a look into when you should consider utilizing professional deodorization services:
If your area is prone to floods or you live in a wet climate, you must be aware of the common household intruder called mold. It doesn’t always have a strong smell but when it does, it’s often explained as musty. Others state that mold smells meaty, earthy, or like rotten wood or wet socks.
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), certain compounds produced by mold, known as microbial volatile organic compounds (mVOCs), are volatile and have strong smells. These can be the source of the ‘musty’ or ‘moldy’ smells commonly associated with mold growth.
You may not take the musty odor seriously, viewing it as a mere ‘smell’, but the mVOCs associated with it can be dangerous for people. Inhalation of mVOCs has been linked to health conditions like nasal irritation, fatigue, nausea, headaches, and dizziness.
Therefore, you should never take a musty smell for granted. Seek a professional deodorization service to get rid of the odor and save yourself and other people.
Smoke and Soot
During and after a fire outbreak, smoke and soot are released and spread to the surrounding space. The smell carried by smoke and soot will invade literally everything that’s present.
Go near items that were never touched by the flames and you’ll be disgusted with the irritating smell. Even if you effectively clean the surfaces, the ash and soot that penetrated deep in the fibers of your sofas and other furniture will continue to release the odor. If that is the case, it can be extremely difficult to even track the source of the smell, let alone get rid of it.
The dangers associated with soot and smoke are another reason you should not take things in your own hands. The fire may have died down but the smoke and soot that’s there can prove detrimental to your health if you end up inhaling them.
Seeking a Professional Deodorization Service
For effective removal of odor, whether it’s linked to mold or smoke or soot, you should seek professional help. The expert technicians at STOP will quickly identify the source of the odor and use proven methods to eliminate the smell.