Have you been affected by fire recently? Here’s why you need to seek fire restoration services!
Fire accidents aren’t only dangerous when they break out, but they leave a lasting impact on one’s health and safety. If you’ve been considering cleaning your house yourself after a fire accident, we wouldn’t recommend it. Fire outbreaks leave behind smoke and soot, which can’t be removed completely without professional help. Keep reading to learn why!
Release of Toxic Gases
The asbestos dust left over by fire is a leading cause of mesothelioma; a type of cancer. The carbon residue can lead to the release of toxic gases like carbon monoxide, ammonia, nitrogen oxides, hydrogen, and tar.
The leftover PVC can give rise to hazardous gases like phosgene, hydrogen chloride, chloromethane, dioxin, bromomethane, etc. The fire can cause the sulfur to turn into sulfur dioxide and hydrogen sulfide. Even the smoke from burnt wood can lead to the release of several chemicals.
All these toxic elements can’t be removed without professional fire restoration.
Dangers of Smoke and Soot
The smoke and soot, which are the results of burning some materials aren’t only unpleasant to smell, but they are also highly hazardous for your health. People with weakened immune systems, children, and elderly people are at a higher risk of adverse health effects.
Smoke and soot have also been associated with the risk of cancer. They contain chemical residue, which is highly toxic for your respiratory and immune system. Today all home infrastructures are made of plastic, wood, fabrics, foam, and synthetic materials. All of them leave a toxic residue, which must be cleaned out entirely by a professional company before you start living in the house again.
Exposure to Smoke and Soot
Your eyes, skin, and nose are directly exposed to the smoke and soot during fire restoration and can lead to serious long-term health ramifications. The soot is mostly airborne and invisible, so it’s very difficult to protect yourself from it.
If you get infected by soot, and it mixes with your bloodstream, it can cause severe health issues in your respiratory system. Soot exposure can lead to asthma, heart attack, stroke, cancer, and even death. Even short-term exposure to soot can leave children with life-altering health conditions. That’s why it’s extremely important to move away from the location of the fire until it is professionally restored.
Seek professional fire restoration service!
The only way to ensure the safety of a place affected by the fire is by seeking professional fire restoration services. The impact of a fire can lasts a lifetime if not treated properly. Fire restoration professionals are well-trained to identify and thoroughly clean out the toxic residue.
Fire restoration companies have tools to eradicate smoke and soot from your home and make it healthy for you and your family to return.