Do you want to prevent the spread of infectious diseases in your workplace? Here is what you need to do.
Right now the whole world is faced with a global pandemic. Hence, if you are an employer, it should be your top most priority to keep your workplace clean and safe for all the employees. In the upcoming paragraphs, we will educate you about infectious diseases and ways to prevent them from spreading in your workplace.
How Do We Define Infectious Disease Control?
Before we move forward, it is essential for us to get a solid grasp over the topic. We need to understand what infectious disease control is. According to the WHO, infection prevention and control, or IPC is a way of cleaning and limiting the spread of diseases that are contagious in nature. Two of the most common examples of infectious diseases are influenza and COVID 19 that we are faced with today.
You might wonder how infections spread. Surprisingly, there is no definite way for infections to spread. However, one of the primary ways in which an infection spreads is through respiratory droplets that are released after an infected person coughs or sneezes. This process is also known as cross contamination.
The Significance of Infection Control
It is almost scary to see how quickly an infection can spread, especially in crowded workspaces. The rapid pace at which such infections spread shows how important infection control is. Infection control keeps your workplace safe and healthy for you and your colleagues. Furthermore, an infectious disease in the workplace can reduce the productivity of your workforce as well as their job satisfaction. Not only will it make you lose your valuable workforce, but it will also jeopardize your precious ROI.
Infection Prevention Control (IPC)
Some of the infection control measures are mentioned below. You should consider these measures for your workplace:
- Come up with a comprehensive infection control plan.
- Get rid of items that are used often, such as pens and magazines, especially from the common roomsand other high traffic areas.
- Install tissue boxes in the workplace. Tissues should be used to cover the face, every time one sneezes or coughs. These tissues should be discarded immediately after use.
- Provide your workers with hand washing facilitiesand install alcohol-based hand sanitizers throughout the workplace.
- Check everyone’s temperature before they enter the facility.
- People should stay at a safe distance from one another, and they should cover their faces with surgical masks.
Last Few Words
To prevent the spread of infectious diseases in your workplace, make sure none of the aforementioned guidelines are skimped on. Plus, you should invest in professional cleaning, disinfecting and air-duct cleaning services in Colorado Springs, CO.