Do you suspect mold growth within your walls? Here is what you need to do to get rid of it.
Mold is like an unwanted guest that you hate so much but can’t get rid of. Even when you keep your house clean and dry, you may still notice some unsightly mold on the walls. Regardless of its color, mold is very dangerous in nature, and can destroy your house materials and affect your health. Therefore, in this article, we will talk about ways to treat the mold growth within your walls.
So, let’s break it down.
Detecting Mold in the Walls
Mold removal on hard surfaces isn’t the easiest thing to do, but it is possible. When removing mold from a surface, it is better to seek professional mold remediation services in Colorado Springs, CO. However, if mold growth is negligible, you can remove it with your everyday household items. The real problem arises when mold is hidden within your walls, and you don’t even know that it has taken place.
Detecting mold is very hard, as mold spores are extremely small. They are super tiny, and they can spread throughout your house without you even realizing it. Here is how you can detect mold if you have a gypsum wall or dry wall in your house .
- Mold growth affects wall paint. So if you notice discoloration, paint bubbles, or small flakes of paint peeling off, then it’s likely you are dealing with mold growth.
- If you have wallpaper covering your wall, the presence of mold can make your wall papers warp.So keep an eye out for that.
- Touch the surface of your wall to see if there is moisture or not. If you feel moisture, chances are that mold damage has begun.
- Lastly, use your sense of smell. If you sense somethingmusty and pungent, contact a professional mold remediation company in Colorado Springs, CO, for thorough inspection of mold.
Mold Removal from the Walls
Once mold has been detected, you need to remove it. To remove mold in an effective manner, here are a few steps you must follow.
- Prepare the cleaning solution that you are about to use.
- Use the cleaner and water to remove mold from your walls.
- Open the doors and windows to allow fresh air to enter, thus drying the area.
- To eliminate moisture completely, use a high-quality dehumidifier.
- If mold is deeply embedded within your walls, call a professional mold restoration company in Colorado Springs, CO.
Causes of Mold Damage in Walls
Here are some of the main causes of mold growth in walls.
- Humidity is one of the primary causes of moldgrowth. If you live in a humid region, it is better to keep a dehumidifier.
- Another cause of mold growth in walls is condensation. Sometimes, the walls are cooler than the air inside your house. When the moisture in the air touches these walls, it results in condensation.
- The holes and cracks in your roof, walls and foundationcan allow water to enter the living space, thus resulting in mold growth.