Are you thinking about picking up vaping to help with your smoking habit? There are many benefits of switching over to vaping, but one downside that not enough people talk about is its effect on the skin. The nicotine in the e-cigarette can cause inflammation and dryness which leads to wrinkles. It also causes an increase in acne breakouts, especially for those who already have oily skin. If this sounds like something you need, don’t worry! We’ve got some tips for looking fresh even after a long day of vaping!
Advantage of Vaping to Your Skin
- The first benefit of switching from smoking cigarettes to vaping is that it can help reduce wrinkles on your face. Nicotine has been shown in studies to cause facial muscles around the mouth and eyes to sag over time – leading to fine lines growing deeper and creating a deep “smoker’s” look (source). Vaping doesn’t contain any of these harmful chemicals like nicotine or tar found in traditional tobacco products so there won’t be as much damage done by this habit! In fact, research shows that when people switch from smoking to vaping, they can see a visible reduction in those fine lines and wrinkles on their faces.
- Secondly, switching to vaping from smoking cigarettes will reduce the risk of acne breakouts that smokers often struggle with as well. This is because e-cigarettes don’t contain tar or any other harmful chemicals found in traditional tobacco products – including cancer-causing substances like lead and arsenic (source). The absence of these toxins causes less inflammation which has been shown to contribute to acne problems for some people who smoke cigarettes regularly.
- Finally, since vaping doesn’t produce harsh smoke particles through combustion caused by burning tobacco it also helps you avoid dry patches on your skin too! Ecigs provide moist vapor without producing irritating ash or tar commonly produced when inhaling cigarette smoke. This means less irritation to the skin which can cause dry patches and give you that “ashy” complexion (source).
The disadvantage of Vaping to Your Skin
- When you first start vaping, there is often a lingering smell that stays on your clothes and body. This thin film of vaporized liquid over your skin can cause problems if it isn’t washed off after each use. Some people find the taste unpleasant as well. This thin layer of e-liquid/vapor will stick to your pores (and anything else) such as dirt and oil which makes for an optimal breeding ground for acne-starting bacteria!
- You may notice chapped lips or dry patches of skin shortly after vaping because the process dehydrates cells in order to produce smoke-like results. While some vapers don’t experience this effect at all, others have reported having red and flaky skin around their mouth within 24 hours of running out of e-liquid.
You may have heard that vaping can cause dry skin or even wrinkles. However, there are just as many people who say that they’ve been able to switch from smoking cigarettes and now experience less acne due to the lack of tar in their lungs. So is it true? Can vaping affect your skin? We don’t know for sure but we would love to hear about your personal experiences with this! Call us today so we can chat more about this topic and what you think might be going on here.
Are You Looking for an Amazing CBD Store Near You?
If you happen to live in San Antonio, Texas we have an amazing new location ready to serve you! Stop by for high-quality CBD and Hemp products that come with reliable lab reports. If you don’t live in one of these areas, don’t worry! You can check out our online store and get CBD products shipped directly to you!