It’s difficult to quit smoking, that’s no secret. It is always easier to turn your focus to something that can replace cigarettes when a desire arrives. The desire to smoke should most of the time disappear within moments. Each time you deny a desire for smoking, you are one step closer to stopping successful use of nicotine.
Things you can do to replace smoking
- NRT (Nicotine Replacement Therapy). Ask your doctor for treatment for replacement of nicotine. It could be nicotine prescription in a spray or inhalation nasal, nicotine, gum and lozenges over-the-counter or medicines like bupropion (Zyba) and varenicline (Chantix) on prescription. Short therapies for replacing nicotine – like nicotine gum, lozenges, or nasal sprays or inhalers – can help you to get rid of intense cravings. By general, these short-acting treatments can be used safely by conjunction with nicotine patches or either of the non-nicotine drugs.
- Ask for help from family. To stop tobacco addiction, using a touch base with a family member , friend or a support group leader. Talking on the phone, walking together, smiling, or sitting together to satisfy the cravings.
- Do Methods Relaxation. Smoking may be your way to handle tension. To withstand a strong desire for tobacco can be stressful. Take the pressure off tension by calming activities such as deep respiration exercises, relaxation of the muscles, yoga, watching, massaging or listening to soothing music.
- Exercise. Physical exercise enables you to relax and reduce the severity of tobacco cravings. Only a brief blast of exercise – including running up and down the stairs many times – will make the craving for nicotine go away. Head run or jog. Get out. Consider squats, deep knee bends, push-ups, running in place, or going up and down stairs if you have been trapped at home or the workplace. Consider prayer, needlework, woodwork, or journaling if physical exercise does not interest you. Or do distraction tasks, such as vacuuming or paperwork filing.
- Have something to chew on. Give your mouth a little bit to combat a craving for nicotine. Chew on sugarless gum or hard candy, or eat raw carrots, celery, nuts or seeds of sunflower – crunchy.
- Practice the Delay Method. When you feel like you’re going to give in to your nicotine addiction, remind yourself that you will first wait 10 more minutes — and then do something to occupy yourself for that period of time. Seek a smoke-free public place. Such simple tricks can be sufficient to satisfy the desire for tobacco.
- Avoid Triggers. In circumstances where you smoked or chewed most often, such as at a party or pub, or when you felt depressed or sipping coffee, you would definitely have a greater desire to use tobacco. Identify your triggering situations and plan for avoiding them fully or without tobacco. If you smoked, for example, when speaking on the phone, keep a pen and paper nearby, rather than smoking, to relax yourself.
Remember, it’s always better to try to overcome something than to do nothing. So you’re one step closer to being absolutely rid of tobacco every time you fight a craving for tobacco.
Are You Looking for an Amazing Smoke & Vape Shop Near You?
If you happen to live in San Antonio, Texas we have an amazing new location ready to serve you! Stop by for high-quality CBD and Hemp products that come with reliable lab reports. If you don’t live in one of these areas, don’t worry! You can check out our online store and get CBD products shipped directly to you! Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary is part of the fast-growing chain of CBD Dispensaries specializing in providing only the highest quality vapes, Kratom, Nicotine and CBD oil products that have been thoroughly lab tested and meet our high standards of quality. Come see why MJCBD – Smoke & Vape Shop Evans is the highest Tobacco Shop conveniently located in San Antonio on Evans Road! Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary specializes in the industry’s best brands and has led the industry standard in sales of CBD by dominating in product innovation and customer satisfaction.