Did you know duct cleaning can lead to healthy air inside your house? Here’s everything you need to know about duct cleaning services and their benefits.
The ductwork in your home and business carries millions of visible and invisible contaminants and particles through the air each day. With time and use, your system can become dirtier with time. Thus, air duct cleaning is an essential service that can improve the quality of air indoors.
How Duct Cleaning Leads to Healthy Indoor Air?
Contaminated or dirty ducts can damage you and your family’s health. This is especially true if you or any of your household members suffer from existing health problems such as asthma, or allergies.
If anyone in your family is going through unexplained bouts of sneezing, coughing, nausea, or headaches, or any other illness, you should think about getting your air duct cleaned thoroughly.
Some of the contaminants or dirt particles present in your ductwork include –
- Mold– Mold usually grows in duct systems that have been exposed to moisture. Ducts contaminated with mold are seriously dangerous to health because they can be circulated and spread through the air. If not treated properly, the mold in the air can lead to allergic reactions, and in extreme cases, it can even cause toxic poisoning.
- Dust– With time, dust starts to naturally accumulate in an HVAC system. This lowers the quality of air that you breathe and even aggravate the health of those suffering from allergies or asthma.
- Dirt– The presence of dirt in a duct system is also injurious to health. Air ducts showing signs of wear and tear or systems that aren’t sealed properly are highly likely to get contaminated with dirt.
- Pet Dander – Even though pet dander isn’t deadly, it is one of the biggest causes of indoor allergies. If you have a pet in your house, your duct system can get choked with pet dander and hair, leading to poor indoor air quality.
Investing in a thorough duct cleaning service will remove all debris, dust particles, and contaminants leading to healthy indoor air.
Other Benefits of Duct Cleaning
There are several other benefits to duct cleaning apart from healthy indoor air. Some of these are
- Lower Wintertime HVAC Bills –The contaminants, dust particles, and debris in your air duct can reduce its efficiency. Once all of this is cleared away, the airflow improves, and the system can more effectively heat your home. This results in reduced energy consumption and therefore results in lower heating bills.
- Increases the System’s Durability – Dirty and contaminated ducts can increase the wear and tear of your HVAC systems. However, proper maintenance by regularly getting your ducts cleaned every few years will reduce the wear and tear and make your system last longer.
Last Few Words
Remember, air ducts aren’t easily accessible. Thus, to get your air ducts cleaned, you should contact trained and professional duct cleaning services who will get the job right.
S.T.O.P can clean your air ducts for healthy indoor air. It serves in Whitney Ranch, Sky Canyon, North Las Vegas, Centennial Hills, and many other areas.