According to research, vaping is harmful to your heart and lungs. Nicotine is the primary active ingredient in both traditional cigarettes and electronic cigarettes, and it is highly addictive. If you ignore the craving, it causes you to crave a cigarette and suffer withdrawal symptoms. Nicotine is also a poisonous substance. It raises your blood pressure and adrenaline levels, increasing your heart rate and your risk of having a heart attack.
Nicotine is introduced into the body through vaping. Nicotine is highly addictive and has the following effects:
- Brain development in children and adolescents is slowed, and memory, concentration, learning, self-control, attention, and mood are all affected.
- As adults, you are more likely to develop other types of addiction.
E-cigarettes can also be used to:
- inflame the lungs
- may result in severe lung damage and even death
- can lead to cigarette smoking and other forms of tobacco use
Some people use e-cigarettes to vape marijuana, THC oil, and other potentially harmful substances. These drugs, in addition to irritating the lungs, have an effect on how a person thinks, acts, and feels.
Harmful chemical inhalation can result in irreversible lung damage and disease.
The National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine published a consensus research report in January 2018 that looked at over 800 distinct studies.
That report said unequivocally that using e-cigarettes is harmful to one’s health. E-cigarettes contain and emit a number of potentially harmful chemicals, according to the study. According to the Academies’ assessment, there is “moderate evidence” that kids who use e-cigarettes have a higher risk of cough and wheezing, as well as asthma exacerbations.
- The two key components present in e-cigarettes, propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin, are harmful to cells, according to a study from the University of North Carolina, and the more substances in an e-liquid, the higher the toxicity.
- Acetaldehyde, acrolein, and formaldehyde are among the hazardous compounds produced by e-cigarettes. Lung and circulatory (heart) illness can both be caused by these aldehydes.
- Acrolein, a pesticide usually used to kill weeds, is also included in e-cigarettes. It can induce COPD and acute lung injury, as well as asthma and lung cancer.
- Secondhand e-cigarette emissions are formed when an e-cigarette user exhales the chemical cocktail formed by e-cigarettes. Both the US Surgeon General and the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine have warned about the dangers of breathing secondhand e-cigarette emissions.
- Secondhand emissions contain “nicotine; ultrafine particles; flavorings such as diacetyl, a chemical linked to serious lung disease; volatile organic compounds such as benzene, which is found in car exhaust; and heavy metals, such as nickel, tin, and lead,” according to the Surgeon General’s report from 2016.
- The FDA has determined that no e-cigarette is both safe and effective in aiding smokers in quitting. If smokers are ready to give up smoking for good, they should call 1-800-Stop NOW or consult their doctor about the best way to quit utilizing tried-and-true methods, FDA-approved treatments, and counseling.
Are You Looking for a Vape Shop Near You?
If you happen to live in Memphis, Tennessee we have two amazing locations ready to serve you! Stop by for high-quality CBD and Hemp products that come with reliable lab reports. If you don’t live in one of these areas, don’t worry! You can check out our online store and get CBD products shipped directly to you! Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary is part of the fast-growing chain of CBD Dispensaries specializing in providing only the highest quality vapes, Kratom, Nicotine and CBD oil products that have been thoroughly lab tested and meet our high standards of quality. Come see why MJCBD – Smoke & Vape Shop Memphis is the highest-rated Tobacco Shop conveniently located in South Memphis on South Third Street and on Summer Avenue! Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary specializes in the industry’s best brands and has led the industry standard in sales of CBD by dominating in product innovation and customer satisfaction.