Have you found mold in your house during your yearly inspection?
Call STOP Restoration of Charlotte North, for mold remediation and removal services.
Mold is a creepy and usually oblivious issue for your home. Unfortunately, it can do more than simply spread and look hideous. As a matter of fact, mold spores can lead to chronic sinus issues, asthma attacks, fungal infections, and allergic reactions. The problems can also include depression and fatigue.
Mildew and mold can grow over time in dark, damp, and poorly ventilated areas. They are naturally occurring microorganisms that are present everywhere in our homes. However, if the mold in your home surpasses normal levels, it can impact the health and well-being of your loved ones, your belongings, and your home’s structure.
Microscopic mold spores are present almost everywhere, inside and outside your home. Because of this, it’s impossible to remove all mold from a home. Here are some unknown mold-related facts that you should know:
- Mold spores are invisible and float along in the air, and can enter inside your home through doors, windows, or heating/AC systems.
- Mold spores flourish on moisture. Mold spores can swiftly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
- Before starting mold remediation, all sources of moisture and water need to be addressed. Otherwise, the mold can return.
- Mold usually produces a nasty, musty smell and can result in a potential mold issue.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can facilitate mold growth. Ideally, indoor humidity should be lower than 60 percent.
Where Does Mold Grow?
Mold can grow on many porous surfaces where there is stagnant, damp air. Even though it prefers temperatures higher than 70 degrees, it can even grow in cold temperatures. This is why it can even grow in refrigerators. However, mostly it is found in the places mentioned below:
- Drywall and wallpaper
- Ceiling tiles and ductwork
- Drapes, furniture, and carpet
- Crawlspaces, basements, and attics
- Magazines and books ( anything made of organic or paper material).
Mold Removal Process
Irrespective of what led to the mold infestation, our mold remediation and removal experts have a solution that completely eliminates the problem. The process includes:
- Identifying the source of the problem and determining its cause
- Evaluating the damages
- Isolating and containing the mold to eliminate or limit the spread. We will use several techniques, such as negative air pressure and physical barriers.
- Eliminating microscopic mold spores from the air by filtering, scrubbing, and capturing
- Removing mold using antimicrobial and antifungal treatments
- Disposing off any porous, mold-infested materials
- Disinfecting, cleaning, and deodorizing any damaged possessions
- Restoring and repairing damaged areas of your property.
Contact STOP Restoration of Charlotte North Today!
If you have mold anywhere in your home, it’s imperative that you get in touch with our professional mold removal experts right away. Mold can swiftly spread and cause way more damage to your home than you might think. It can even lead to health issues for people living in your home.
For more information about our mold removal services, call us at (704) 312-1121.