Home Restoration News

Huntersville, NC

Home Restoration News

logo-map-icon

Huntersville, NC

by: John Alexander

STOP Restoration - Charlotte North

(704) 309-7258

Charlotte, NC – Fire Hazards in the Dorm? Seek Professional Fire Restoration

Fire Hazards in the Dorm

Are you sure your campus dorm is secure from fire hazards? Read on to study some fire safety tips for dormitories.

Dormitories are among the busiest places in a college campus where students spend the bulk of their time. However, they are also prone to fire incidents when students tend to be careless. They’d overload the electrical circuits and extension cords, and misuse cooking appliances in kitchens and other common areas of the dormitory. The accidents can also be brutal if alcohol is involved.

Hence, effective fire safety measures are crucial for maintaining the health and well-being of the student body. Here are some tips to prevent fire hazards in dorms:

Keep the Microwaves Clean and EmptyCandle

Student life is all about tight budgets and busy schedules. It shouldn’t be surprising that microwaves are extensively used in a busy setting like dorms. But that’s not where the problem lies. Fire risks originate in microwaves when something greasy is left in there and not cleaned, or foil, silverware, or other metal is left inside. Regular cleaning of microwaves is thus extremely important, and metal should never be left inside.

Use Hot Plates with Caution

It’s common for students to carry hot plates in dorm rooms to cook. Everything goes fine until the appliance is left unplugged, which can catch fire at any moment. This becomes more likely when flammable items, such as napkins, papers, etc. are present around. Thus, the area around a hot plate should be kept clear, and don’t forget to unplug it after use.

Avoid Overloaded Electrical Outlets

Ever wondered how the 21st-century students are connected all the time? It’s the gadgets they carry everywhere. Electrical outlets are usually occupied by chargers for smartphones, tabs, laptops, and other appliances, such as lamps and hair dryers.

Students often ignore the fact that plugging in more than one power strip at a time can trigger a fire. To prevent a fire accident, plug in your gadgets in areas with good airflow, and plugin only one device at a time.

Don’t Leave Candles Behind

Room decorations are a common norm for college dormitories, which is why candles are often used in the rooms. The problem is that students often forget to blow out the candles before leaving the area or falling sleep. As an open flame, it can easily put anything on fire that comes into contact with it. If you have a habit of forgetting things, consider investing in a flameless candle, which not only ensures fire safety but also enhances the aesthetic appeal.

Train Students on Fire Safety

One of the best ways to ensure fire safety in dormitories is to hold regular fire drills, telling students to take them seriously. This way, students would know exactly how to react to a real-life fire and will be familiar with more than one way out of the building.

If the dorm at your campus has recently suffered fire damage, contact STOP Restoration to prevent further damage from smoke and soot.

Recent

“Best Home Restoration Company in Huntersville, NC”

Top Rated Local Restoration / Water Damage Repair Company

Mecklenburg County: Huntersville, Charlotte, Cornelius, Mooresville, Concord, NC

Ad Ad

Recent

“Best Home Restoration Company in Huntersville, NC”

Top Rated Local Restoration / Water Damage Repair Company

Mecklenburg County: Huntersville, Charlotte, Cornelius, Mooresville, Concord, NC

ABOUT CITYSCOOP

logo-map-iconLOCAL NEWS
LOCAL EXPERTS

LOCAL NEWS - LOCAL EXPERTS
logo-map-icon

CityScoop is a network of business owners from across the U.S. and we publish articles about our clients and the projects we are working on in our businesses.  Take a look at some of our recent projects and videos and get a glimpse of how we help our customers.

EXCLUSIVE | We accept only one local expert business per category in each city.

CS CERTIFIED | All our writers must pass a basic background check and be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge in their field.

Are you a business owner?  Join us.

Click here for more info.

About Cityscoop
Profile Avatar Logo

BIO: My name is John Alexander. I'm the owner and US veteran of Service Team Of Professionals - STOP Restoration Charlotte North. We provide disinfection services, water/mold/fire/smoke remediation and environmental (biohazard).

10015 Andres Duany Drive,
Huntersville, NC 28078, USA

(Get Directions)

Get Directions

10015 Andres Duany Drive,
Huntersville, NC 28078, USA

Please wait...

BIO: My name is John Alexander. I'm the owner and US veteran of Service Team Of Professionals - STOP Restoration Charlotte North. We provide disinfection services, water/mold/fire/smoke remediation and environmental (biohazard).