Are you worried about mold infestation on your property?
Here’s what you need to know.
Microscopic mold particles are present everywhere, indoors and outdoors. Removing mold from a space entirely is impossible, and any company that advertises this is incorrect. With mold remediation, mold levels are brought back to a natural level. Mold affects us in various ways and should be handled immediately if the levels are abnormal.
What Causes Mold to Grow?
According to indoor air quality experts, one of the main causes of mold is water damage. Wherever there is water damage, there is a high chance of mold and contamination of the environment, particularly if experts did not handle the initial water damage.
Effects of Mold
Mold does a lot more than look unsightly. Mold can cause allergic reactions, asthma attacks, sinus problems, fungal infections, and even infections by mycotoxins. It can also lead to fatigue and depression. Mold can affect your family, your possessions, and the structure of your house. It should be handled immediately and not taken lightly at all .
If you find mold in your space, ensure it is handled accurately the first time. Only get it done by professionals and do not delay it. As soon as you find out you are dealing with mold, deal with it immediately as mold can be quite hazardous to health.
Mold Remediation Process
Each mold remediation process is unique to the situation at hand and requires expertise, but there are a few steps that are commonly followed:
- Call a professional mold remediation company.
- They will inspect and assess the mold damage.
- Fix any moisture problems first. If there is water damage or a leaking pipe that has caused the mold, it needs to be handled first.
- Isolate the areas with mold so that it doesn’t affect other areas. Limit airflow as air can transfer mold particles from one space to another.
- Remove mold and any materials infested by it, especially absorbent and porous materials. They can either be cleaned or thrown out altogether. Often, it is necessary to discard items such as carpets or fur because they can have mold particles in their weave that can’t be cleaned completely.
- Once the porous materials have been removed, the rest of the contents and belongings can be cleaned.
- A thorough drying process is necessary to get rid of mold completely. This is done through air movers and humidifiers as well as moisture meters to check the moisture levels and confirm that everything is dry.
If you see signs of mold, contact STOP Restoration of Greenville North immediately. Not all mold is hazardous to health, but it is a risk you should not take. Only allow professionals to handle it for you. STOP Restoration of Greenville North provides free mold consultation, and they can conduct laboratory tests to determine the type of mold for you too.