Are you worried about mold in your home? Call us for expert mold inspection and removal services now!
Most households face mold problems due to uncontrolled humidity and water damage issues. Mold is extremely hazardous to your home’s infrastructure and the health of the people living in it. That is why it’s essential to be on the lookout for any potential mold issues. Make sure you eliminate any budding signs of mold in your basement, bathroom, or other high-humidity areas.
If you see emerging mold spots in your home, then we recommend taking the following steps:
- Identify the source of mold and take steps to eliminate it
- Hire a professional environmental consultant to assess your home
- Hire professional mold remediation services after a recommendation from the consultant
Mold and Basements
Basements are the breeding grounds for mold growth in most homes, especially in newly constructed ones. This often happens when the building of the home is started before letting the foundation dry out completely. Let’s explore the causes of mold growth in basements with further detail below!
Causes of mold growth in your basement
Basements are usually the first to get infected with mold because they are prone to higher humidity and exposure to moisture and water damage. The leakage of pipes is a common cause of mold growth in basements. They increase the humidity of your basement and pave the way for mold growth. Another common cause of mold growth in a basement is the lack of waterproofing. This leads to the penetration of outside and groundwater into your basement through the foundation.
The absence of a running dehumidifier is another major cause of mold growth in new basements. If you have a dehumidifier and you’re still facing mold problems, you should check whether the size of the device is appropriate for the size of your basement.
How to prevent mold growth in new homes?
Consider taking the following steps to prevent the growth of mold in your home:
- Install exhaust outlets of stoves and dryers in a way that vents the air and steam completely out of the house
- Make sure that the grade of your yard slopes away from the house to prevent water from seeping into the foundation
- Make regular maintenance schedule, check and clean your furnace filters, air-handling systems, and drain pans regularly
- Keeping the drain of the pan functioning properly is essential because mold can grow, and the mold spores will spread throughout your house through the ducts and vents
Call a Mold Restoration Company!
Calling a mold remediation company ensures the proper elimination and removal of mold and minimizes the chances of regrowth.