Do you want to keep your home safe from fire accidents in the future? Here are a few preventive tips!
House fire accidents are more common than you’d think. Most of these fires start in the kitchen of the home. In many cases, a few seconds of neglect can lead to loss that may leave you scarred physically and emotionally for the rest of your life. That is why it is essential to take as many preventive measures as possible to reduce the chances of fire outbreaks in your home. These measures include the removal of certain items from the kitchen and other necessary prevention tips across the house.
Keep reading as we list down all the safety tips that will help you keep your home safe from the risk of fire accidents!
Clean and maintain all electrical appliances: You need to ensure that you clean and maintain your electrical appliances regularly. Make sure you keep ovens, microwaves, blenders, generators, heating systems, air conditioners, laundry machines, etc., clean. Always wipe away all the crumbs and spilled food from the kitchen appliances as soon as possible. If any appliance starts malfunctioning, make sure you repair or replace them immediately.
Keep fabric and wooden items away from fire: When you’re cooking on a burner or a stove or lighting up your fireplace, make sure you keep flammable items like paper towels, cushions, pot holders, and dish towels, scarves etc., as far away as possible.
Keep electrical appliances unplugged: When you’re not using your air conditioner, vacuum cleaner, oven, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, blender, etc., make sure that you unplug them. These appliances keep drawing electricity even when you turn them off. It can lead to overheating and fire outbreaks in the wirings.
Install and maintain your smoke detector: A smoke detector inside a home is a necessary safety measure to keep you and your loved ones safe. Make sure you don’t install it inside the kitchen but close to it, so the alarm can go off in case of an actual fire outbreak.
Never cook with long sleeves or loose hair: It’s very important to roll up your sleeves or just wear short sleeve shirts when cooking. Make sure that your hair is tied back to prevent the risk of it catching fire.
Don’t put metal in the microwave: Using metal in a microwave is a sure way to spark a fire. It can damage your microwave as well as the kitchen if you don’t contain it timely.
Don’t leave your cooking food unattended: When you’re cooking a meal, never leave the kitchen unattended. This is especially important when you’re cooking with oil and grease.