Serving clients in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Estero, Bonita Springs, Naples, Alva, Lee and Collier County, Florida
Everyone wants a perfectly landscaped yard that’s fit to be on the cover of a magazine. However, a beautiful lawn doesn’t just happen by itself or by accident. It takes hard work, experience, and knowledge to truly perfect landscaping. While many homeowners are willing to put in the hard work, not everyone has the knowledge or experience to design and install a beautifully landscaped outdoor space. Read on to learn more about the importance of proper landscape installation and how we at Peer Landscaping of Fort Myers, FL are equipped to help.
In a way, installing all the plants, hardscapes, and walkways means landscape installation is very similar to adding an addition to your home, only on the outside of it. We design your landscape to accent your home’s exterior, like using decorative siding or other design elements for your house. At Peer Landscaping of Fort Myers, FL we look to add to your curb appeal by making your home and yard look amazing. We take so many things into account when designing your landscape. For example:
- Soil quality
- Sun exposure
- Wind exposure
- Size and shape at maturity
- Depth required when planting
- Colors of blooms
Before Peer Landscaping of Fort Myers, FL even start that design, we will ask you to help us out by spending a few weeks paying attention to certain factors in your yard. These include:
- Map out sun exposure in your yard. Since we are planting a variety of trees, shrubs, and plants, we need to be able to place those in the areas where they receive the amount of sun those plants like. We want to be sure to put shade plants in areas where they are mainly out of the sun, and sun loving plants right out in the open to soak up as much sun as they want.
- Consider any current issues (weeds, pests, patchy grass, poor drainage, etc.). If you’ve noticed an area of yard that just won’t get green no matter how much you water it, let us know that. If you’ve seen some pests on a particular plant, let us know. If there is a part of your lawn that feels more like a swamp, we can fix that as we install your landscape. But we need to know all of these factors before we even design something new for you.
- Plan where you want your walkways. Walkways, and seating areas are the way you and your family access the beautiful gardens we install, so we will go over planning that with you in our initial meeting. We want you to have many ways to go out into your garden and enjoy the beauty.
- Identify features you want to highlight. Have you been dreaming about a big fountain as the centerpiece to your front yard? Do you want to have some lovely colorful flowers surrounding your lanai cage? We are here to design what you’ve been dreaming of, so don’t hesitate to tell us exactly what you’ve been dreaming about.
All of these factors must be carried through from the initial design through to when we do the actual installation. After all, we are often installing plantings around the foundation of your home, so we must pay attention to how large the plants roots will get and how to prevent soil erosion in that area. We want to be sure that we don’t plant something that loves dry soil, in an area that tends to hold water. The key to a successful looking yard is to create a sound plan for the design and installation, and at Peer Landscaping of Fort Myers, FL we know exactly how to create the perfect plan for your yard.