Are you having mold issues at home? Call mold inspection services immediately!
Mold infestation is one of the most damaging phenomena for the structure of a house in the long run. Mold is highly toxic and pollutes your indoor environment. Moreover, it leaves black marks on the affected surface and darkens the corners of your walls and ceilings.
If you don’t contain and remove the mold immediately, it can dampen everything and lead to rotting. Plus, it gets increasingly difficult to remove it over time. Mold can aggravate respiratory issues like asthma and breathing disorders due to its musty smell.
If you suspect mold growth in your home, then you need to inspect and remove it immediately. Call a mold inspection company to do the job for you. You can also take the following steps to inspect and remove it!
How to Identify Mold
You can easily identify mold as it appears in the form of black spots on your walls, ceiling, and furniture. It quickly grows in number and forms colonies of fungi. If you want to be sure that you’re dealing with mold, you can test it out with bleach. If you pour a couple of drops on the mold spot, it will quickly disappear. Another sign of mold is a prevalent musty odor in the indoor space and a general feeling of dampness in the environment.
How to Remove Mold
After identifying mold in your house, you need to eliminate it right away. Although mold remediation is something better left for the professionals, you can work on removing it if it’s minor. Here’s what you need to do:
Mold infestation is extremely hazardous for the human skin and respiratory system. Therefore, you’ll have to take a few precautionary measures before you start cleaning it. Wear a thick mask, and old clothes (preferably the ones you can throw out after use). Make sure to cover your hands with gloves.
Keep all the supplies close to you, including bleach or mold cleaner, cleaning brush, rags, and a disinfectant.
Steps for Mold Removal
- Identify a mold-infested wall or surface, and scrub it with a mold cleaner thoroughly.
- Let the solution of mold cleaner stay on the surface for a little while so that it can seep through.
- Until the mold cleaner settles, start wiping away the debris from the surface.
- Vacuum clean the surface to eliminate the moldy walls entirely.
- After the mold is removed, make sure you dry out the surface properly. If you don’t, the dampness can cause the mold to grow exponentially again.
- Open the windows and doors of the room to let the air pass. Ensure maximum ventilation to get rid of moisture.
- If you have a dehumidifier, run it inside the room to make the drying process quicker.