Mold is a type of fungus which grows indoors and outdoors. It thrives in warm, damp, and humid environments. Mold can cause various health problems, including respiratory infections, allergies, and asthma. It is important to call a professional mold inspection company like us, STOP Restoration of Chicago West, if there are any signs of mold.
What Does a Mold Inspection Include?
Mold inspection services usually consist of a visual inspection. The inspector looks for signs of mold growth, such as discoloration on walls and ceilings. The inspector also seeks out musty odors and looks for water leaks or sources of moisture which could be causing mold growth.
If mold is found, the next step is to evaluate the air quality inside the home. This is done with a special device which measures mold spores in the air.
The third step is to take samples of the mold for testing. This is done by taking a swab of the mold growth and sending it to a laboratory for analysis. The test results help the inspector determine the type of mold and the best way to remove it.
Types of Molds
There are many diverse types of molds, and not all are harmful. However, some varieties can cause serious health problems. The most common molds which cause medical conditions include:
- Aspergillosis is a type of fungal infection which causes respiratory problems, such as coughing and wheezing.
- Stachybotrys can cause serious health problems, including respiratory illness, nervous system disorders, and cancer.
- Penicillium can cause allergic reactions, such as skin rash, watery eyes, and sneezing.
- Cladosporium can cause skin infections, respiratory problems, and asthma.
Signs of Mold Growth
There are several signs which may indicate there is mold growth in a home or business. These include:
- Discoloration on walls and ceilings
- Musty odors
- Paint falling from the walls and ceiling
- Dampness in areas such as the basement and bathroom
- Consistent headaches only while in the contaminated area
Why STOP Restoration of Chicago West?
If you suspect a mold problem in your home, it is important to call a professional mold inspection company like us, STOP Restoration of Chicago West, to have the issue assessed and addressed as soon as possible. Our team of experts can determine the type of mold present and the best way to remove it.
We also offer various other services, such as water and fire damage restoration. Don’t hesitate to contact us today for more information about our mold inspection services and to schedule an appointment.