Have to deal with water damage in your home or facility? Here’s why you need to act on it immediately.
Water damage anywhere can be distressing and anxiety-inducing. It can damage your belongings and weaken the structural integrity of your facility if left unattended for long. However, what is worse is if it is contaminated water that is left untreated. The dangers surrounding this aspect are twofold. You don’t want to do the job yourself as the bacteria and virus can spread all over and harm you and your family.
So, let’s dive a bit deeper into the damage caused by untreated water damage – it comes from the pioneers in water damage repair services themselves, STOP Restoration of Chicago West! Here’s what untreated water damage can do.
- Lead to health hazards– Black or greywater is laced with microbes and bacteria that can become a health hazard. It can lead to waterborne diseases and make your home uninhabitable in the long run.
- Mold outbreaks– microbial growth accompanied by moisture in and behind walls and floorings can lead to mold outbreaks. This can be harmful especially if it is black mold. This toxic mold can cause breathing problems, eye irritation, and skin allergies.
- Pipe corrosion– contaminated water can eat away pipes and add to the economic loss. Replacing pipes is another added problem which you don’t want to deal with.
- Weaken the structural foundation of your home and facility– this can lower the value of your home if you plan on selling it in the near future.
- Bugs– insects thrive in areas where there is moisture and plenty of bacteria. And untreated water is a petri dish for them to grow in and infest your home.
So, if you have any water damage that requires urgent repair and attention, it’s best to call up a professional service provider that can get the work done in half the time. The quicker you get to it, the less is the damage incurred.
If you’re in Downers Grove, IL, then there is a professional restoration company you can reach out to. STOP Restoration of Chicago West is the one you want to rely on. From sewage backup cleaning to extraction, drying, and restoration, we do it all.
With decades of experience in the industry. STOP Restoration has the right knowledge, tools, and equipment to get the job done right. Our team consists of fully vetted and certified experts who know how to fix any damage in a proficient and timely manner.
To get in touch, call us at (312) 313-7805. Our team will be at your doorstep within 90 minutes –we have the industry-leading time in arriving within this time frame. What’s even better is that we are available round the clock for all your emergency needs! We’re just a phone call away.
For further information, you can drop us a message here. We will get back to all your queries as soon as we can.