Looking to acquire vinyl banners for branding purposes? Study these vinyl banner maintenance tips to make the most of them.
A stunning vinyl banner helps create the perfect ambiance in your store or tradeshow booth, helping you achieve greater business goals. However, it takes a lot of time, effort, and money to design an awesome vinyl banner. And to make the most of it, you need to ensure proper maintenance.
Vinyl banners are made up of PVC or polyvinyl chloride. You must have heard that vinyl is durable, but did you know that it can damage, wear out, fade, and even crack over time? To avoid that, regular cleaning is necessary. When cared for properly, vinyl can last for longer and display resistance to humidity and moisture.
Here are some valuable tips for effective vinyl banner maintenance:
Tips for Vinyl Banner Maintenance
- Simply put, vinyl banners of compromised quality will fall apart and fade way too early. No amount of care and maintenance would be able to salvage them. If you really want your banners to stand the test of time, you’ll need to invest in top-quality products. We recommend that you purchase sturdy, high-quality banners from a trusted signage company such as QC Signs & Graphics.
- To clean your vinyl banner, use a non-abrasive, damp, and soft cloth. Instead of using abrasive materials,such as sponges, look for a soft cotton towel or a microfiber towel. Paper towels, however, are abrasive and will damage your banners, so don’t use them.
- Keep in mind that harsh detergents, solvents, and chemicals can not only cause the color of the banner to fade but also cause further damage. A solution of water and soap is a good idea, but the soap should be mild and free of odors. Don’t forget to wipe off all the soap and rinse the banner thoroughly with water before putting the banners to drying. However, don’t scrub the banners too hard as this can damage the print.
- Before storing the banners, make sure they’re properly dried.
- Use a container to store the banners and place it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Folding the banner can damage it,so avoid doing this. The logos and letters on the banner shouldn’t touch each other because if they do, the colors may rub each other off.
- It’s also crucialto care for them while they are in use. This involves using proper tools to hang your banner and ensuring that it’s held in place. If not properly hanged, it may fall on the ground, get stepped on, and sustain unnecessary damages.
Now that you know how to take care of a vinyl banner, it’s time to consider buying one to market your brand. QC Signs & Graphics offers superior-quality vinyl banners that are highly customizable. You can obtain a free quote for vinyl banners to see if our solutions match your budget.