So often we sit down with potential clients and we hear the same complaints over and over again. One of the complaints business owners often have is that they feel like a Website is a necessary budget item, but they don’t actually value having a Website at all. We are constantly told, “I have a Website but I never get clients from it.” So they understandably resent the money they have to spend to have a Website, even though they know that nowadays, you really have to have a Website for credibility purposes and so people can find your business.
Once we go into their Website, it usually becomes pretty clear why they feel the way they do about it, and why they think they are not getting any business from it. Most business owners never do anything at all to track and analyze what’s going on when someone comes to their website, and many Web developers don’t even install Google analytics on the site, which is just one way to track the useability of the Website and whether or not clients are coming to you from it. We use a number of ways to track this, and to discover if new customers found you on the Web. Here are just a few:
- We are always sure to create clear and visible “Call To Action” buttons on the homepage, and we recommend changing them often.
- We make sure the homepage has easy to find contact information on it.
- In fact, we make sure your phone number on the homepage is created as a hyperlink so people can dial it directly when on their Cellphone. A mobile-friendly site is imperative.
- We are sure to develop contact forms for the Website that help to qualify leads. People often prefer this over making a phone call as they usually don’t want a “sales pitch,” right away. This type of form also lets you develop a database of potential clients. A lot of people are not ready to buy on their first time to your Website, so if you develop a database and send regular emails with either newsletters or coupons, then you will be remembered when they are ready to buy.
- We recommend setting up a dedicated phone number specifically for your Website, another one for social media like Facebook, and another one for putting on the side of trucks, on your business card and on other print advertising, so you can track what phone calls come from which avenue of marketing.
- We always install Google analytics on each Website we build and we follow all of the tracking data on social media as well. This type of analytics lets you know where Web visitors are coming from, what pages they find interesting on your site and what pages they bounce out of immediately. This allows for tweaking the Website to attract and keep more potential customers.
The most important investment you can make in your business is marketing and promoting what you do or sell. The Internet plays a critical role in how you grow your business and attract customers. We can be the strategic partner for any business looking to grow and take advantage of all that digital marketing has to offer. We are here to help you realize your vision for your business. Give us a call to find out more! 239-878-4641