Local search ranking is harder every day. Why does this happen? Competition. The local Google algorithm updates continuously to ensure the best matching search results for the user query.
The relevance of a local listing means how well what someone is looking for corresponds. Adding full and comprehensive business details will help Google better understand your company and allow related searches for your page. Google does not show posts/reviews chronologically by default. Rather, Google considers the ‘Most Relevant’.
Relevance is a key part of the local algorithm of Google. You’ll want to make sure you concentrate on keywords or subjects that potential clients will be searching for to ensure that search engines such as Googles find your company important enough to surface. You would want Google to relate to keywords like “coffee shops in California.” This is a case in point if you ran a coffee shop in California.
Here are the things to consider to increase relevance for you local business:
- Content – Web pages with important relevance to a keyword or topic have been awarded with a higher rating. It is not always the length or the quality of your content. If your content is relevant to the query of a user, it is all that matters.
- Title Tag – A title tag is a great way to add the target keyword for your page as well as to pull a user click.
- Url Structure – The URL slug used should represent the page subject — this is a great way to increase relevance.
- Schema – Google can quickly find schema and identify the material it describes, It helps increase the relevance for a given topic or keyword.
- Internal Linking – Increase page relevance by developing a path to similar pages or pages that will improve your subject or keyword.
- Outbound Links – This lets Google recognize your selected niche locally. It allows users to search external websites for more information on a subject in search.
- Relevant Reviews – All reviews on for the page should refer to the product or service described on that page. Display them in the correct places on your web if you have reviews that include different locations.Here are factors in which a review appears to be more relevant.
- Length – The number of words clearly influenced the relevance of the review. The number of words in the analysis and its place in the most important rankings were consistently correlated.
- Keywords – Increasing the relevance ranking of the post has led to the use of the name of the company.
- Specific – a review featuring a particular story or illustration was more likely than general user reviews.
- Local – A review by a user posting other reviews in the local area is considered to be more relevant than a user who does not have reviews or who has reviews from a different geography.
- Time — The older a review is made, the less relevant it gets.
For more information check out our podcast here:
Are You Looking for A Digital Marketing Agency You Can Trust?
Magnified Media is a website designer and digital marketing agency specializing in helping their client dominate local search results. They help businesses and small companies throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond stand out, so they can be of service to even more clients and customers. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, we are their trusted SEO solution, focused on doing three things: getting them more online reviews, getting their website seen in the Google 3 Pack, and creating content for their social media platforms. Want to learn more? Check out our weekly podcast, Local SEO in 10, for tons of tips on how you can supercharge your Google presence so the phones keep ringing!