Clean water is essential for our very survival. A lot of systems in place in homes today provide us with water, but it is not always very clean. Tap water can have a trace amount of chemicals in it, including chlorine. Installing a water filtration system in your home can prove very beneficial to your family. The following is a list of some of those benefits you could experience by drinking more clean, filtered water:
- Your muscles and joints are made up mostly of water. You will find that your body will run more smoothly longer with enough water to help fuel it.
- Less water in your body means more headaches. Headaches can be directly correlated with dehydration. Drink up to make those aches go away and to improve focus and energy as well as possibly clear up dizzy spells.
- Losing weight can get harder if you are not getting enough water. Not only will you feel fuller longer if you drink more water, but it will also help your body shed weight more effectively.
- One of the primary functions water carries out in our bodies is to flush out toxins. There are several side effects our skin experiences when these toxins build-up, including acne, dry skin, wrinkled skin, and the appearance of skin spots.
- The same goes for toxins in your body that can lead to infections. Illnesses might become fewer and more bearable with enough water intake to help move the toxins move along and out of the body easier.
As many Americans go without safe drinking water, the best way to guarantee clean water is by installing filters. It’s true that no matter how good tap water looks, it contains contaminants that could be harmful to you. This is because while the supplier might treat the water, it is bound to come across underground pollution at some point before it gets to your house. Adding a point of entry filtration system means the water that you finally consume is safe. It removes all the biological, organic, and inorganic chemicals and environmental contaminants in the water.
The best reason to install home point-of-entry filtration systems is your family’s wellbeing. The filtrations systems will remove massive amounts of chlorine, mineral, and other synthetic impurities found in water. Chlorine comes from water treatment, yet even at safe levels, some people may have reactions to it. Reducing chlorine exposure means better skin, health, and allergy care for the whole household. The best home filtration systems require little support and will be more than worth it for your home in the long run.
Whether you are getting your water from your local authority or a well, there are several types of filtration systems available for your use. Depending on the situation, you can get a reverse osmosis filtering system, cation exchange filter systems, activated carbon filtration system. Reverse osmosis systems are the most preferred filtration systems. They use air pressure to force water through a filtration membrane. It can handle a lot of water per day and can remove a lot of contaminants if you used them as the central filtration system in the house. Cation exchanges are the next best thing to removing minerals that give a bad taste, and Activated carbon works well but needs to be replaced frequently hence why their applications are few.
Either way, if your home needs a filtration system, you will want it installed by the best. The last thing you would want to do is increase your water intake with a water source like tap water. You would also be increasing your intake of chlorine, fluoride, and other more harmful substances. If you want to make a change of health for you and your family, call us at Doctor Drips at 615-970-0047 for help with installing a water purifier today!
This post was originally published on 8/1/2019 and updated on 4/30/2021 for accuracy and a larger scope of information.