Many people think that because their city water has passed through the water treatment facility, the water is clean and drinkable. Unfortunately, this is not the case. It actually provides a very false sense of security, one reason being that it is easy for water to pick up contaminants after it has left the water treatment facility. Filtering at least the drinkable water that comes through your house is important to get rid of heavy metals, bacteria, and chemicals.
There are simple and various types of water filtration systems available on the market, many of which Jack Ward & Sons Plumbing Co. can provide for you, such as the following.
Activated carbon is one of the most common and least expensive of the many types of water filters. It is usually installed under the sink, leaving you to replace filter cartridges as needed. They are usually known to be effective in removing parasites, chemicals, and heavy metals found in water. Another water filtration system used is a cation exchange water filter system or water softener that uses positively charged ions to attract negatively charged ions that are harmful (barium, calcium, etc.). Lastly, reverse osmosis, which is considered the most effective of the home water filtration systems, forces water to pass through a semi-permeable membrane with the use of air pressure. This process of water filtration can filter out most if not all water contaminants.
With an added water filtration system from Jack Ward & Sons, you will receive many benefits right off the bat:
1. For starters, the water you drink will be safer. There will be less fluoride and chlorine, along with upwards of 2,100 other impurities and toxins that will be removed.
2. The removal of these substances will assist in improving skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema, particularly with children.
3. Save money- Reduce plumbing repair bills by avoiding the harsh chemicals and heavy metals running through the pipes. Not only will be able to save money on repair bills, but you will also be able to spend less on filtered water, try $700 or more less. You will also save money on soap because the filtration acts as a softener, whereas hard water has minerals that prevent ionic action of soap.
4. Drinking water will taste better!
5. Gastrointestinal diseases will be reduced- Several parasites can be found in the water. Once these, among other microscopic organisms, are removed, GI problems improve.
6. Your clothes will smell nicer, soap scum and deposits on clothing will be lessened.
With all of these benefits in mind, it should be apparent that there are many reasons to get a water filtration system. Your health will be improved, the taste will be improved, you’ll save a lot of money, and you will have a piece of mind that your family will be taken care of. Call Jack Ward & Sons at 615-227-2811 to get a water filtration system (from our list of many systems to choose from) placed today!