We as plumbers are also people that also use plumbing fixtures in our homes, so we understand that not everyone is always thinking about the piping and other intricacies of how plumbing fixtures work. Sometimes, we just want to take a hot shower, and when our showers are working correctly that is much easier to enjoy than if it was not. If your shower is working in tip top shape, then our article today might just help you get the most out of your shower the next time you go to use it.
Here are some great shower cleaning hacks to get things sparkling clean with little effort!
- To clean tiles, combine equal parts hot water, dish soap, and white vinegar. Stir to combine. Pour into a dish wand with a scrubber head attachment and go to work on the walls of your tile shower. The grime will come right off!
- To remove bath mat stains, combine 2 parts baking soda to 1 part lemon juice. With a glove on over your hand, stir the mixture with your fingers until it forms a paste. Spread the paste on the stains on the bath mat to scrub them away. Pour white vinegar to cover the mat and let dry. Simply wipe away, rinse, and you’re done!
- To prevent mildew on your shower curtain, combine ½ cup salt with 1 gallon of water. Soak for at least 1 hour. Repeat monthly so the curtain stays mildew free.
- To prevent mildew from growing on the tiles, use car rain repellent. Spray on the shower walls and polish with a cloth.
- To clean shower glass, use a magic eraser and squeegee dry. Nothing to it!
These tips will help you to get a shiny clean shower that feels as if it were brand new. We believe these tips will help you enjoy using your plumbing fixture even more now that it is working properly. Maintaining your plumbing fixtures also helps prevent issues later on down the road.
If your shower has been experiencing problems when in use, give Jack Ward & Sons a call today at (615) 227-2811. Schedule an evaluation with us and we will take a look to get a better idea of what kind of help you may need. We can also admire what a great DIY job you’ve done with the tile cleaning tips you read about!